Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

[SOLVED] No network connection with Wireless Laptop

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] No network connection with Wireless Laptop within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have been able to connect to the internet with 5 desktop computers but I am unable to connect wireless

Old 03-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have been able to connect to the internet with 5 desktop computers but I am unable to connect wireless laptop. This happens to all Laptop which prompts to enter a 8 digit number to setup new router. I believe the 8 digit are meant to be found on the router but it's no where to be found. I found the 8 digit key by accessing my router setting under "WPS"
I entered the 8 digit key and set the display name for the network but after clicking next to configure the settings, a message appeared "The network set up was unsuccessful.

Normal laptops do not work but Macbook Pro works fine for some reason. Phones and Tablet can connect after 8 attempts. There's really something wrong with this router... but i figured that it needs to be setup.

Router - BILLION - BiPAC 6404VGP R3

Old 03-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
2xg
Team Manager, Networking Forums, Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi tekkyhead,

Perhaps you are referring it to the pass-phrase or network security key. Usually you may find this from the original package of the your router or a sticker at the bottom of your router. My Netgear Dual band router is pre-configured by I preferred and manually change the SSID (wireless network name) and pass-phrase. You may also do this by logging in to your router's setting by opening up a browser then type in the router or gateway's IP.

Here's your router's default LogIn:
BiPAC 6404VGP R3 Default IP: 192.168.1.254
BiPAC 6404VGP R3 Default Password: admin
BiPAC 6404VGP R3 Default Username: admin

If you are still encoutering issue, I would suggest a reset to the factory default setting, find the reset the button on your router, find a pen or paperclip then push/hold it for 15 seconds or so, that should reset your router to the factory setting then reconfigure all, I would suggest a manual configuration.

Microsoft MVP 2011-2013 Windows Expert Consumer
Networking Articles & Tutorials
2xg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for replying 2xg,

I am still unable to find the network security key on the original package of the router or the bottom of the router.
I have also tried changing the SSID on the routers setting and reset to factory setting.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
2xg

You have also mentioned it happens to 'all laptops', so not just one laptop is affected?

What's the Operating Systems of the affected computers?

We will need some information from one affected laptop by following the guidelines from this Sticky to better assist you.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ts-573730.html

Old 03-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #5
Registered Member

2xg,

Happens to all laptops, tablets and phones.

I just got my laptop connected to the internet 2xg. Like I mentioned above regarding the phone and tablets, I have to connect and disconnect the connection with my wireless network. I successfully got it connected after 3-4 attempts. Would like to get this resolved without going through that.

All running windows 7... now that i think about it, the macbook also have to do the same with the disconnect and reconnecting
Old 03-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #6
2xg

How's your connection if it's wired directly to the Modem?

Is the issue both wired and wireless on the Billion router?

Have you updated the firmware of your new router? You might want to check the manufacturer's site and see if there's a new firmware available then manually install it.

Please post a Xirrus snapshot coming from one of your wireless computers. See this instruction from the Networking Sticky.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ts-573730.html

Also, please try not to overlook any of the suggestions that I have given you, it is important that you follow our advice.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
Registered Member

Problem is resolved.
I have tried looking for the latest firmware for the router (for australia only) and i managed to find it. Had to google the router's name with "australia" in the search bar, installed the driver and now having no issues connecting with wireless. Appreciate with all your help guys :)
Old 03-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
2xg

Thanks for the update tekkyhead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkyhead View Post
Problem is resolved.
I have tried looking for the latest firmware for the router (for australia only) and i managed to find it. Had to google the router's name with "australia" in the search bar, installed the driver and now having no issues connecting with wireless. Appreciate with all your help guys :)
You're Welcome.