Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

[SOLVED] Music and videos take too long to buffer

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Music and videos take too long to buffer within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i know I'm sending a lot of information out at once, because our internet service is going to be down

Old 03-25-2012, 04:08 AM   #61
Registered Member

i know I'm sending a lot of information out at once, because our internet service is going to be down sometime on the 25th so I'm just posting like crazy, and you all can ponder over any possible problems. Questions: Yall told me speedbit video accelerator was bad, but what about the download accelerator, or the video downloader and converter (downloader and converter stopped picking up videos two days ago after a months use, I redownloaded it and system restored, didn't work for some reason.)? Could it be the IE9 or adobe flash player 11.1? Trendmicro has only picked up one virus and 50 web threats over the course of a year, generally when i scan, nothing ever comes up, but with my old norton 360, something came up every two weeks, and i still do the same thing i been doing since then, downloading music and videos, updating the computer, and trying to get rid of what I don't use to make space, while trying to find clean sites so don't get nothing. Since the finding of a virus today surprised me, and helped fix a small problem existing before i came to tech support (although not as severe as when i first stated it in my recent post) is there a possibility that i could have more, because now i know trendmicro didn't do a good job of finding it over that long period of time, and it might be more than one.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:12 AM   #62
Registered Member

the virus by the way i'm positive wasn't obtained recently if you're wondering, because i only been on sites i know are clean (fairytailepisode.com, bbt.com, yahoo, wikipedia, currenthiphop.com and ilovernbmusic.com) and i haven't been downloading lately, because i t takes forever. Sorry, got prescribed pills at rite aid as well i'm hyperactive and i think im saying a bunch of uneccessary stuff, but oh well, see ya a week from now.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #63
Moderator - Networking

OS: W8 Prox64,Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit SP1, Mac OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, IOS 6

My System

The virus must have been must have been contracted recently as you were cleared of malware by our security experts recently on 16/3/12 see quote below:

Quote:
Hey guys, I've been cleared for malware, it wasn't the problem. It's probably something a bit more advanced than that.
You are playing games online and streaming videos as well these take up bandwidth.

What video downloader as you call it are you using?

The office you pay for the internet should be able to give you all the details on the package you have pretty poor if they cannot.

Neighbours also have been experiencing difficulties it may be related.

Your download and upload is not great especiallly if you are streaming and playing games online.

If the video downloading is torrents or other P2P software then they use a lot of bandwidth not too mention the danger of malware infections that can be gained from using them. Also we do not and will not help with P2P in any shape or form it is against forum rules if this is the case.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #64
Registered Member

My neighbors have been complaining for three years on and off about, some said theirs are good, and mine has always been good for the last 5 months so i was lucky, but like i said this time, my problem is completely different from everybody and the first time i ever dealt with it. You still could be right though, except i no longer can stream or play games without getting frustrated. I haven't used torrents until i found out how potentially unsafe it is back in my limewire days of 08. the "speedbit video downloader and converter" just allows you to download and convert streaming videos like on youtube for example. Yes the office is full of ignorant bums.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #65
Moderator - Networking

OS: W8 Prox64,Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit SP1, Mac OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, IOS 6

My System

If the office cannot help then it may be time if possible to change to a different internet service provider if possible.

I have never heard of speedbit have you always used this or have you installed at some point if you can remember and your streaming and gaming started to suffer?
Old 03-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #66
Registered Member

i installed after these problems, a bit before i came tech support. It was hopefully a way to speed up my slow downloads and a way to download videos so i don't have to wait for it to buffer forever or until the video involuntarily restarts. It worked, but some one i believe it was Chemist (i'm not sure)that told me that speedbit video accelerator was did more worse than good involving playback as well a ccleaner and sent to some website to tell me why, so i got rid of it, but i kept ccleaner, which helped through many problems over 5 years for registry errors and deleting stuff. I jus within two weeks download the video download and converter, and the download accelerator, so I don't know if those are good or not. the downloader still works wonders, but the video downloader and the video downloader stopped being able to detect a playing video like a week ago. all this happened well after i first started getting this problem that I don't understand.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #67
Registered Member

I figured out a way to get around the 5 character minimum problem. It was mozilla firefox and internet explorer overall (ie8 and 9). don't know why it just started doing that, but it doesn't happen on google chrome.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #68
Registered Member

More news that could put an end to me moving my desktop. I called my mom and asked her about her laptop when she is home, and she said that her laptop does the same thing with the videos and the music, but not the loss of emails and unresponsive problem. She says on any other connection it works fine, but oddly it says 100% signal strength as well as the ipod touch at home. i think the office connection has something to do with the videos and music buffering problem, but the loss of emails could be from probably spyware. Have i been checked for spyware?
Old 03-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #69
Moderator - Networking

You were checked and cleared for spyware on the 16th of this month, however you said that just recently you found and removed virus traces (your posts of 61 and 62).

Computers help us fix problems that we would not have without them...

Shekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:59 PM   #70
Registered Member

yea i guess it was the cause of that unresponsive problem i stated in the earlier posts. it was a critical level virus. I think i started having that issue two days after i first changed my virtual memory(not saying that was the problem, has nothing to do with it.), i got scanned for malware after i tampered with the virtual memory, but it said i was good. The problem i had with computers unresponsive behavior went away after trendmicro got rid of it, and i restarted. sounds weird, and i don't know how that's possible that it was the cause of that problem, if i was cleared.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:44 AM   #71
Moderator - Networking

My System

Have you set the virtual memory back to the reccomeneded let windows manage paging file size for all drives if not please do so.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #72
Registered Member

just did so.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #73
Registered Member

nothing happened, i restarted in everything
Old 03-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #74
Registered Member

internet a bit faster i admit, that's it no major change.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #75
Moderator - Networking

Ok so you changed the virtual memory back to let windows manage. It should have asked you to reboot the computer.

Did you?

So I decided to re-read the entire thread again. We had you change your DNS settings in post 13 to the google public DNS. What I would like to try is to have you set the DNS settings back to automatic, then I would like you to post a new IPCONFIG /ALL for us to look at.

We never got one from you from before that setting was changed, and I would like to see where it is trying to point you.

Also, I noticed that in post number 3 of this thread that it looks like you are possibly going through two other routers aside from your router that you have in your apartment.

I still think that your issues are caused by the router(s), that are located in the office of your apartment complex. What I suspect is that the routers are configured to properly distribute the internet connection evenly through out the complex, giving everyone the same BASE connection speed regardless of how many things are connected or what software each apartment is using.

There are a lot of different variables in play here. We have, W amount of apartments, X amount of devices connected, Y connection speed, with Z equipment and configuration. All in which we do not know the answers to, which makes this hard to solve for you.

In the end, the best thing to do, is to try your system on a different internet connection that is not the one that you are being provided, by your building.

Please post the new IPCONFIG /ALL for us to look at.

Thanks

Old 03-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #76
Registered Member

i haven't gotten to doing any of that yet, but trend micro found 6 more viruses and/or spyware. i made sure i didn't download anything except when i updated ccleaner from its official website, which had a green check next to it. trendmicro and itunes updated as well, but they did that automatically on their own. Is it possible that some types of malware can't go undetected by virus scanners? All of them were critical.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #77
Registered Member

I don't think a virus is responsible for my main issues (possibly for the now minor unresponsiveness (still more than average though) and the still vanishing emails), but i just felt like i should ask to be sure.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #78
Moderator - Networking

My System

Please post an ipconfig /all as shekka requested and follow this advice below:

Quote:
In the end, the best thing to do, is to try your system on a different internet connection that is not the one that you are being provided, by your building.
Viruses could come from certain sites visited downloads from not so trusted sources , emails be aware of attachments especially from unkown senders or unsolicited mail.

If your email is vanishing i would change your password immediately.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #79
Registered Member

Shekka, actually I don't think I fully elaborated about the about the router and the office. The two connections is coming from the cisco router i purchased, and from the satellite cable box through the q box with a white cord connecting to a superlink2810 box, that is supposed to go into the wall jack, but I put it in the cisco router, and i can change between connections depending on how i switch the cords around. For some reason, about a year ago, the wall jack stopped working, and maintenance gave me the superlink box to get internet, and i purchased the cisco router for wireless internet online fun for Call of Duty, because the superlink does not provide wireless capabilities. The office does not give off any connection, but something involving dish network. I can't even change my password, only the part that says Yahoo! in big letters at the top appears along with search web, make y your homepage, hi marquell, and mail. I would click on my name and enter my profile to change it, but it won't allow me.
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Kim>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Kim-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connec
tion
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-23-AE-67-F1-A5
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.126(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 2:37:13 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:08:37 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.25.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.{7D778AE0-C7AE-4AEA-A6D5-44EEF4924
BA6}
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:2cef:112d:3f57:fe81(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2cef:112d:3f57:fe81%10(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
Old 03-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #80
Moderator - Networking

....... So let's do a break down then.
Is this how your internet is provided to you?:

Office - Superlink (Satellite connection?) which then goes to your apartment and to another box (superlink2810), this connection is then plugged into your cisco e2000.

You then connect your computer and other devices into your router.
Is this correct?

You said dish network... To me that means a sat connection, as your ISP, which in and of itself, will be a slower connection, as it takes time for the signal to travel to the sat and establish a connection.

As for your Yahoo mail issue, try logging in on a different computer, and try it.
Now to the IPCONFIG you posted.

You have not changed you DNS settings back to automatic. Please do so and repost the IPCONFIG /all again.