Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

[SOLVED] Internet Connection Error

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Internet Connection Error within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all! first time poster here & hoping any1 would be a help... d problem goes like this - every

Old 05-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

Hi all! first time poster here & hoping any1 would be a help... d problem goes like this - every 3-5 minutes, an error message will appear ...

Internet Connection Error
Your request cannot be completed because the service could
not be found or did not respond. The service might be
experiencing tehnical difficulties, or you may need to adjust
your network settings.

I've been searching d web for a day & twistin' my head to read threads from diff. forums but doesn't hv a luck to find the best solution.

I have winxp sp3 w/ firewall disabled;
I'll just hit ESC every time the error appears;
wd mozilla 2.0.0.11 & ie 6
& d last thing I did is clearing up temp files in %userprofile% including application data under Local Settings (does it hv sumthing 2 do wd d error message?).

I would truly appreciate if anyone could offer some suggestions to get rid of this error. Thanks in advance!

Old 05-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
2xg
Team Manager, Networking Forums, Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Welcome to TSF,

Is this a Wired or Wireless connection issue?

Restore your computer to an earlier date where it was previously working using the XP System Restore.

Uninstall the network adapter from Device Manager. Reboot your computer so that your Windows will reinstall the driver. I would highly suggest for you to download and install the latest driver.

Disable the problematic Network Adapter's power saving mode from Device Manager, locate the Network Adapter=> Properties=> Power Management Tab, in here you may disable any Power Save mode options by unchecking them off.

Please post an update.

Microsoft MVP 2011-2013 Windows Expert Consumer
Networking Articles & Tutorials
2xg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
Registered Member

Lots of thanks for that 2xg... :)

I'm using a wired connection. Unfortunately, the only avail date in my restore is when d problem already occurred. But with reinstalling the driver & disabling my adapter's power saving mode, it seems that the error message only appears when I accessed %userprofile% in my run cmd unlike before that whenever I opened a browser or windows explorer the error would be annoying.

At least it was minimized now. It matters a lot!

But it is just strange that whenever %userprofile% is being accessed the error would appear again... it's strange right?

Also, I forgot to include that after my very first encounter to this error another message box appeared: "I was not able to grab it exactly but it says somethin like your web setting was reset."

Thank you again!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
2xg

That's a great improvement.

As for this issue, create a New User Profile, then copy the data from your old Profile to the New One. Here's How.
Quote:
But it is just strange that whenever %userprofile% is being accessed the error would appear again... it's strange right?
or....just create a New User Profile and just Transfer important Files.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks a lot 2xg! You've been a great help! :) Hope I can also b a help 4u sumday...
Old 05-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
2xg

You're Welcome.