Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] how to block domains?

11K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  r_k 
#1 ·
Hi,

How do I block specific domains (pandora.com, etc.) in the Sonicwall? It seems like this would happen in the CFS but do I need a subscription for this? I don't want to subscribe to Sonicwall's filtering list, I just want to block a couple specific domains.

Thanks,
Ed

#2 · (Edited)
Re: how to block domains?

Hello esark33,

See if you can do this on the basic feature of Content filtering Locate. Content Filter in Security Services Tab and you shd be able to block keywords and websites.

If you have the Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite, there is a Premium Content Filtering that works really good.

You may also create an Access Rule from the Firewall Tab.

#3 ·

Hello esark33,

See if you can do this on the basic feature of Content filtering Locate. Content Filter in Security Services Tab and you shd be able to block keywords and websites.

If you have the Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite, there is a Premium Content Filtering that works really good.

You may also create an Access Rule from the Firewall Tab.
Hi 2xg,

I tried doing this in Security Services > Content Filter by clicking 'Configure' for Sonicwall CFS and adding the domain(s), but it doesn't block them. Any idea why?

Ed

Attachments

#5 ·

On the Keyword blocking, type Pandora, In forbidden domains, type or copy and paste these Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music.

If that didn't work, I've noticed that you need to upgrade your Content Filtering.

Then, again another option will be creating an Access Rule for each site that you need blocked.
Yep, I tried the keyword blocking and adding Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music to forbidden domains - it doesn't work.

I don't feel like I should need to upgrade to a subscription-based Content Filtering service to block 1 or 2 sites, but it seems like that's what it's asking me to do.

Can I trouble you for a walkthrough of the Access Rule method to block Pandora?

Ed

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)

It seems u didn't enforce the content filtering service, in forbidden domains type -> pandora.com then ok. now under the sonicwall CFS u can see
Network > zone click it.. click the configure button of which zone u want to apply content filtering (ex. LAN, WAN) now tick the check box Enforce content filtering service, then click ok... now u r done...

#8 ·

It seems u didn't enforce the content filtering service, in forbidden domains type -> pandora.com then ok. now under the sonicwall CFS u can see
Network > zone click it.. click the configure button of which zone u want to apply content filtering (ex. LAN, WAN) now tick the check box Enforce content filtering service, then click ok... now u r done...
Yes! THAT'S what I was looking for. I knew it should have been something simple like that I was overlooking.

Thanks r_k! and thanks for your continued help 2xg.

Cheers,
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.