Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

[SOLVED] DYNEX Wireless Router Access

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] DYNEX Wireless Router Access within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have added a DYNEX wireless router (DX-WGRTR) to an existing home network, but can no longer access the internal

Old 01-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have added a DYNEX wireless router (DX-WGRTR) to an existing home network, but can no longer access the internal web-based admin software on it. It appears to be working as an access point - I have both wireless connectivity to the Internet through it and wired (Ethernet cable attached to DYNEX router's 4-port switch), but cannot call-up the DYNEX configuration software start-up screen via a web browser (IE) from either wireless or wired connection. I've tried both 192.168.2.1 (the default address shipped with the DYNEX router and 192.168.2.254 (the default address for it's access point mode), but get "page cannot be displayed" response to each. I can see my primary DSL router (at 192.168.1.1) just fine and everything else (inlcuding a Linksys access point set for a static LAN address at 192.168.1.245) on the network works fine through both - and through the DYNEX as well. Just can't seem to be able to get to the DYNEX wireless router/AP software to configure security etc. Hope this is poted in the best spot for some help.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Reset the DYNEX to factory defaults and follow their initial setup instructions.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
johnwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:16 AM   #3
Registered Member

There appears to be no way to reset the DYNEX other than through the admin software, which I cannot access.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Why can't you access the admin software?

Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
johnwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfoo View Post
I have added a DYNEX wireless router (DX-WGRTR) to an existing home network, but can no longer access the internal web-based admin software on it. It appears to be working as an access point - I have both wireless connectivity to the Internet through it and wired (Ethernet cable attached to DYNEX router's 4-port switch), but cannot call-up the DYNEX configuration software start-up screen via a web browser (IE) from either wireless or wired connection. I've tried both 192.168.2.1 (the default address shipped with the DYNEX router and 192.168.2.254 (the default address for it's access point mode), but get "page cannot be displayed" response to each. I can see my primary DSL router (at 192.168.1.1) just fine and everything else (inlcuding a Linksys access point set for a static LAN address at 192.168.1.245) on the network works fine through both - and through the DYNEX as well. Just can't seem to be able to get to the DYNEX wireless router/AP software to configure security etc. Hope this is poted in the best spot for some help.

You're on the wrong subnet. You're using, and able to see other machines on, 192.168.1.x, and your router is waiting for you on 192.168.2.x.

I'd put your desktop onto the .2 network long enough to acccess the router and set it to .1, so that it can join the rest of you.