Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

[SOLVED] Dell Wireless Driver

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Dell Wireless Driver within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently received the blue screen and had to do a clean install of Windows XP on my Dell Vostro

Old 12-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

I recently received the blue screen and had to do a clean install of Windows XP on my Dell Vostro 1520. I then proceeded to install the Dell drivers and downloads in the order according to Dell's website. But the wireless driver continually gave me a Setup.rul 380 error, so I did a manual install of that. Unfortunately something is still incorrect. The internet connects, but the wireless icon at the bottom has a pop that says "Adapter Problem. Driver is not installed." Help! I don't know a lot about computers and I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but I can't figure this one out.

Thanks!

Old 12-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

and welcome to the Forum

Did you download the newest drivers from Dell?

Old Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
Registered Member

Yes. My CDs with the downloads and drivers would not work. A friend of mine said it could be because the BIOS is out of date. So I downloaded the latest drivers to a USB and put them on my computer from that.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

The “Setup.rul “380″” error is caused by not having .NET 2.0 or higher installed. You can install .net from Windows Update
Old 12-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
Registered Member

That seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you so much for your speedy assistance!
Old 12-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Glad to help!!