Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

[SOLVED] DD-WRT firmware help

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] DD-WRT firmware help within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have flashed my D-Link Dir-615 router with the DD WRT firmware in hopes to setup this router as

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Hello,

I have flashed my D-Link Dir-615 router with the DD WRT firmware in hopes to setup this router as a wireless bridge. I want this Dir-615 router to receive the wireless signal from my main router witch is connected to the modem) to provide my living room PC with a wireless internet connection.

I am having a bit of trouble with the firmware however, everytime I change a setting in firmware page, even just the slightest changes and reset the router, my PC will suddenly become incapable of connecting to the router. It will say "Unidentified network, no network access". How can I fix this issue?

I also would like to know how I can setup my Dir-615 with DDWRT firmware to receive the wireless signal from my main router and supply my PC with internet from the main router wirelessly.

I am also not seeing a "Repeater bridge" option in the firmware, is that normal?

Old 07-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
Registered Member

I have the same router and I have no issue at all in the same set-up, have you tried re-flashing the firmware?

Old 07-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by armss001 View Post
I have the same router and I have no issue at all in the same set-up, have you tried re-flashing the firmware?
Well what I am noticing now is when I change the SSID, it will not change! It will continue to broadcast with the default "dd-wrt" SSID instead of what I changed it to. Even after restarting the router it will still use the "dd-wrt" as the Broadcasted SSID even though the SSID field says my own custom name.

I can't figure what else is making it unable to re-connect to the router after I change it, but I am following a tutorial to setup the Dir-615 as a wireless bridge.

I have 2 options available in my list: Client or Client Bridge. There is no Repeater Bridge option as described in another thread on this forum.

Are you using Revision 3 of this router? and can you set it as a wireless bridge?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
Registered Member

I can't Remember my exact revision tbh but I think it is D3, but I had it set up as a Repeater. I now use it as a Client. I think, you should start by re-downloading the latest firmware from the website, restart the router, then try again. If that doesn't work let me know and I will dig my DIR-615 tomorrow and see if I can still get mine to work as a Repeater again and do a Step by step.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by armss001 View Post
I can't Remember my exact revision tbh but I think it is D3, but I had it set up as a Repeater. I now use it as a Client. I think, you should start by re-downloading the latest firmware from the website, restart the router, then try again. If that doesn't work let me know and I will dig my DIR-615 tomorrow and see if I can still get mine to work as a Repeater again and do a Step by step.
Using the DD-WRT firmware right?

For some odd reason I do not even have the Repeater option in mine. I have just re-flashed it back again, and still the same ISSUES!

It seems anything I change within the ******* dd-wrt settings GUI makes the router go to "Unidentified network" status! It works FLAWLESSLY as a router with default settings using dd-wrt firmware, but as soon as I even alter the damn Wireless SSID suddenly the thing is "Unidentified Network". This firmware is really just giving me a ******* headache right now.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #6
Registered Member

My System

Ok, I've figured out my problem and I've finally gotten the Dir-615 to connect via Client mode. It now says "internet access" however I cannot get anything to connect.

In my main router I show an "Unknown" wireless device connected. So the bridge has connected and shows as having internet access, but as I mentioned above I can't connect to any webpages or anything else.

What else might I need to do?

These are the steps I followed: Client Bridge - DD-WRT Wiki
Old 07-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
Registered Member

My System

Ok, go ahead and mark this one as solved. I have gotten the router to finally connect as a bridge in "Client" mode. Working as great solution to my dead wireless card.

I just jumped from 3Mb/s DL speed on Speedtest.net to 25-30Mb/s.