For some reason, nobody on our home network can connect to Google
anymore. This is what I have determined:
- It is a network wide problem; other internet connections are fine.
- All other websites work fine.
- It occurs in both Windows and Linux.
- Computer connected to the router wirelessly and wired have the problem.
- Google can be accessed when connected through VPN or an X-Windows browser.
And this is what has been tried:
- Reloading the page.
- Clearing the internet cache and cookies.
- Using different browsers.
What I have yet to try:
- Bypassing the router and connecting directly to the modem.
- Reseting the router settings.
This is a workgroup, not a domain, and none of the computers are running Windows 2000 or XP server, so it is not a setting with any server on the network. I am stumped here.
If anyone thinks this is a router issue and that bypassing or reseting it will work, I will try those things.
Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.