Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Remote desktop not connecting after setting vpn connection

This is a discussion on Remote desktop not connecting after setting vpn connection within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everyone , Actually i was having an windows 2003 server with an public ip at my office... i had

Old 05-05-2011, 04:41 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Hi everyone ,
Actually i was having an windows 2003 server with an public ip at my office... i had hosted a new site into that servers ( iis )in order to open the site it needs a vpn connection to read database....!! now the problem here is after giving vpn connection i was unable to connect to the server through remote desktop from my home ....!! if i need to connect to the server i need to setup the vpn connection at home also.... so is there any solution how to connect to remote desktop even if vpn is connected...!!

Old 05-06-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
Registered Member

When your vpn connection is established your office server and your home computers become two hosts in the same subnet. So, you need to use a vpn (not public) ip address of your server to be connected through remote desktop. And, of course, check firewall exceptions on the remote side.
Also, you can try Remote Desktop Assistant. This is a wrapper for Microsoft Remote Desktop connections. Additionally, it provides connectivity monitoring. You can see whether your remote RDP port is alive or not. Alexander Yarovy - Network Management Software - Downloads

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Connecting to VPN without home wireless network
Hi, I recently set up a VPN on my home computer. I am wondering if it is possible for me to connect to the internet via the VPN without also being connected to the internet via my home wireless network? Right now, whenever I disconnect from my home wireless network, my connection to the VPN will...
Pasghettos Networking Support 8 04-19-2011 06:02 AM
losing 1 monitor after remote desktop connection
I am working on an issue and have limited access to the PC so I'm trying to get a series of possible fixes lined up. My issue: The client has a Dell PC (dual monitor) with onboard VGA and a DisplayPort connection. The DisplayPort uses a DVI adapter that feeds the 2nd display. When she is out of...
aparis99 Windows XP Support 7 03-01-2011 11:56 PM
remote desktop web connection issue
Hi, To install remote desktop web connection in xp profession, I followed an article of microsoft website i.e. control panel > add/remove window components >> Internet Information service >> details >> world wide web service >> details >> details >> remote desktop web connection >> then next and...
comonforall Networking Support 3 02-08-2011 09:18 AM
Connecting to imac remote printer through VPN
This is a bit confusing. I'm connecting to my office via a Cisco VPN. I have Windows Server 2003 and is set up for remote printing. I want to print via my remote printer at home that is connected with a USB connection to an imac. I've created the printer on my server, but I don't know how to have...
Merrick271 Networking Support 2 01-07-2011 08:54 PM
How to remote desktop connection?
I have DSL has my broadband connection. I'm using Linksys E3000 router for my network. All of my computers have local IP address. How do I do a remote desktop connection to, say, 192.168.1.121 or the computer that has the name "myComp" from anywhere that as broadband connection?
2Charlie Networking Support 2 01-03-2011 09:42 AM