Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Realtek realtek rtl8188cu wireless lan 802.11n usb 2.0 network adapter problem.

This is a discussion on Realtek realtek rtl8188cu wireless lan 802.11n usb 2.0 network adapter problem. within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Spec ... Running Windows 7 64 bit I connect using my network through my laptop which has a wireless

Old 11-09-2011, 06:42 AM   #1
Registered Member

My Spec ... Running Windows 7 64 bit
I connect using my network through my laptop which has a wireless card installed and I get 15meg on a speedtest.

I have just bought realtek rtl8188cu wireless lan 802.11n usb 2.0 network adapter to use on my Desktop running Windows 764 bit. I installed the drivers using the cd that came with the product.
The problem I am getting is I can only reach 2 meg download speed using the realtek rtl8188cu wireless lan 802.11n usb 2.0 network adapter.

Being the N serials I should be seeingthe same speeds as my laptop.

Could use please advise me what I should be changing or is this product faulty.

Thanks
Gary

Old 11-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

and welcome to the Forum

Try downloading the newest driver for the card . . You should find them on the manufacturers support site.

Old Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:54 AM   #3
Registered Member

I downloaded the latest drivers but still the same problem.
I have now found another problem if I put the realtek rtl8188cu wireless lan 802.11n usb 2.0 network adapter in my desktop and connect to my home wireless network and then do a speedtest on my laptop the speed has come down from 15meg to 2 meg this little device is doing something to my wireless network.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:23 AM   #4
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Sounds like it's time to return that little rascal
Old Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread

Search this Thread: