Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Problems connecting to a network at a distance from router

This is a discussion on Problems connecting to a network at a distance from router within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi TechSupport! I'm having problems connecting to my home wireless network on my Dell XPS L502X (or XPS 15) bought

Old 06-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi TechSupport!
I'm having problems connecting to my home wireless network on my Dell XPS L502X (or XPS 15) bought 2 days ago. I can connect only when I'm around a 3 meter radius of my wireless router, but anywhere farther than that causes disconnection. My wireless router is a D-link model DIR-615. My other laptop, a Dell Inspiron and my Desktop have no problems connecting.
Thank you in advance ^^

Old 06-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
Registered Member

I also forgot to mention that even though my signal strength is strong, it still doesn't allow me connect or reconnect to a network.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laptop is having problems connecting to wireless
Hi, I got a Dell 15r last week to replace my old laptop and I just can't connect to our house's wifi. It sees the network fine, but I just get "Windows cannot connect to x". Now at first we just called tech support, but they suggested to plug it into our router through ethernet and update the...
CR_Casper Laptop Support 5 04-07-2011 06:25 AM
Connecting 3G mobile broadband to a netgear wireless router
Really trying to see if this is even possible. I've got an Optus (in Australia, so 3G mobile broadband is all that matters I would think) that I'm trying to connect to a Netgear WGR614v9 wireless router. So the 3g mobile plugs into usb on computer; the router to the ethernet card on computer. ...
Carl Golenberg Networking Support 2 03-18-2011 09:08 AM
"Windows was unable to connect"
Hi, I'am having problems when connecting to the internet. I'am running Win7 64-bit and i have Belkin USB wireless adapter( Belkin surf N150) When i first bought the adapter it didnt connect to internet, so i throught it is not working and i got it replaced. I got the same problem with the...
Cyprus_boy12 Networking Support 17 03-02-2011 03:56 PM
[SOLVED] Laptop wireless connection problems after bought new router
My sister's laptop is not connecting to the internet via wireless. This occurred after we bought a new router. It would say that she is currently connected to the router, but it would be unidentified network and access is local only. Connection via wired works just fine. I have tried to...
takamini5 Networking Support 6 01-07-2011 08:39 PM
ActionTec Router Problems...
So recently I moved to a new place where Qwest internet is provided through an ActionTec GT701-WG router. I've about torn my hair out trying to get my PS3 to connect, which ultimately was fruitless. Now I'm sitting here in front of my PC with full internet connectivity, the capacity to get on...
Majingbu Online/Network Gaming Support 1 01-03-2011 08:54 PM