Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

open network folders with different username and password than saved one

This is a discussion on open network folders with different username and password than saved one within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Sometimes I need to login to server shared folder with different username and password than saved one in "manage network

Old 03-23-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Sometimes I need to login to server shared folder with different username and password than saved one in "manage network password" or "windows credentials" (windows 7).

At that time, I have to delete the previous one in "managed network password", then open the shared folder with new username, again save the old once once it is done.

Is there anyway I can just open with different usernames without deleting the saved one? Different users have different privileges in server.

Similarly, how to delete temporarily network cached passwords without restarting?

I tried net user * /delete but it doesn't work

Old 03-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Moderator - Networking

Why do you have to open with different creds? If you are allowed access to the share then ask your IT dept to give your account more access.

Computers help us fix problems that we would not have without them...

Shekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:29 AM   #3
Registered Member

I'm one of the administrator in server with full privilege. I sometimes want to access some shared folders(which has permission for only administrator) from user computer. That time I have such problem.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
Moderator - Networking

Then the best thing to do is to log off the user account with out permission, and log in with the Admin account.

That's why the security features are in place... to stop unauthorized access.

Computers help us fix problems that we would not have without them...

Shekka is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search