Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

No Bluetooth on Dell Precision 7710

This is a discussion on No Bluetooth on Dell Precision 7710 within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Dell Precision 7710 with an Dual Band Wireless AC-8260 card. I've downloaded the appropriate drivers from the

Old 04-08-2017, 08:27 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

I have a Dell Precision 7710 with an Dual Band Wireless AC-8260 card. I've downloaded the appropriate drivers from the Dell site using my service tag. It says it is compatible and installed correctly.

I've gone into the BIOS and checked the appropriate boxes to allow/activate the Bluetooth device.

I'm using PROSet Wireless v19.1.0.0

Nothing shows up in the Device Manager under Bluetooth devices.

Any help would be appreciated.
Leo G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

So nobody, eh?
Old 04-21-2017, 07:05 AM   #3
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

You could always try Dell support.

They also have a hardware test (which include bluetooth): Support for Precision 7710 | Dell US

JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:02 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Thanks, figured it out late last night. A button I've pressed multiple times activated it this time after I installed a HotFix. As soon as I pressed the button to turn off the WiFi it started to install the Bluetooth system.

Everything was already there, in the services it was all there and running, the drivers were there including the updates. But nothing showed in the Device Manager or no icons for Bluetooth showed on the menu.

I emailed my rep at Dell and she never got back to me, discouraging since I paid a good amount for this computer.