Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Network Status Page

This is a discussion on Network Status Page within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello! I'm not quite sure what's the proper way of going about this so I'll hit the core of my

Old 03-19-2017, 11:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello! I'm not quite sure what's the proper way of going about this so I'll hit the core of my issue. I'm a college student that's taking some networking classes and have realized networking is not really my thing. However, it's too late to drop, and I'd be fine with scraping by on just barely working projects, but currently I've been assigned to a group.

Essentially, what we are supposed to do is utilize a Windows 2012 r2 server and connect it, a Win10 workstation, a Win7 workstation, a Mac station, and a linux station into it's own network. One of the roles I've been delegated is the Network Status page, which would be incorporated into a webite in order to give a live status of the network.

The problem is that this is one of those projects where the ideal answer isn't given to you and you very much have to put in a lot more effort to figure out what you're supposed to do. Looking through the available curriculum I have, network status pages aren't really covered, only defined.

I've been trying to run some searches for some resources to help me get started but most of my results are either official corporate status pages or business that hard make preset status pages for you, which isn't acceptable within the project's guidelines. So I'm making this thread in order to see if anyone could provide or point me towards some resources that would be helpful in getting started on creating a status page for my group.

Currently the project is still early on, with about a month left and we've spent most of the time downloading and configuring server and workstation upgrades, so I'm not in dire straits yet. Thank you for your time.
dfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 03:00 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to jimscreechy

Quote:
However, it's too late to drop, and I'd be fine with scraping by on just barely working projects, but currently I've been assigned to a group.
...nice, I like the work ethic, I think you'll go far.

Perhaps you could arrange a study group with some of your fellow students that are actually doing some work.