Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Network connectivity problem help needed

This is a discussion on Network connectivity problem help needed within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I turned on my acer laptop last night and my internet wouldn't connect at all and when i tried clicking

Old 11-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
Registered Member

I turned on my acer laptop last night and my internet wouldn't connect at all and when i tried clicking on control panel or avg to see if it was a firewall problem my screen went blue and a big long message appeard along the lines of "a problem has been detected and windows has shut down to protect your computer......check if you have adequate disk space......check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates.". I then disabled all services through msconfig and enabled each one at a time to find out that when "windows event log" is disabled and all others enabled the blue screen problem doesn't occurr. However i still cant connect to the internet When i click onto the network sharing center there is just a red cross and when i diagnose the problem i get "windows has confirmed that this computer is currently experiencing a network connectivity problem" and that "windows found a problem that cannot be repaired automatically" I know it is nothing to do with the modem or router because my internet works on my ps3 which i am writing this from both wired and wireless methods have worked on the ps3 , but neither method works on the laptop . I dont know if this additional info helps , but on the device manager all of the network devices have yellow warning signs by them. These includde:
15x "6TO4adapter"
atheros AR8131 PCI-E gigabit ethernet controller
hamachi network interface
intel wi fi links 5100 AGN
microsoft 6to4 adapter
microsoft 6to4 adapter #11
microsoft 6to4 adapter #4
teredo tunneling pseudo interface
WAN miniport (IP)
WAN miniport (IPV6)
WAN miniport (L2TP)
WAN miniport (network monitor)
WAN miniport (PPOE)
WAN miniport (PPTP)
WAN miniport (SSTP)

Please could someone be of assistance before i have to ring the company up.