Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Need to boost signal on Westell 327W

This is a discussion on Need to boost signal on Westell 327W within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Westell 327W. The wireless operation works fine on my laptop when I am not at the other

Old 06-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Westell 327W. The wireless operation works fine on my laptop when I am not at the other end of the house; however my office is at the other end of the house. The signal is very low at that end of the house. If I move the Westell 327W I will have to run new cable to hard wire two computers in another room. If I need to run cable I might as well run it to my office and hard wire the laptop to the Westell 327W. I would rather find a way to boost the wireless signal. I would like to boost the signal and focus the signal to point one direction instead of boosting the signal in all directions. Does anyone know how I can do this ?

Old 06-28-2009, 06:40 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hawking Tech has a number of products that will help you increase your wireless range. The root page is Hawking Hi-Gain™ WiFi Range Extending Products.

Some of the more interesting products are this Hawking [HSB2] Hi-Gain WiFi Signal Booster, which can be used on either end of a wireless connection to boost the signal power.

Another way to increase your signal strength is by the use of hi-gain antennas. You can choose from omni-directional or directional models, here are a some examples.

Hawking [HAI7SIP] Hi-Gain 7dBi Omni-Directional Antenna

Hawking [HAI15SC] Hi-Gain 15dBi Corner Antenna

[HAO14SD] Outdoor Hi-Gain 14dBi Directional Antenna Kit

For really long range outdoor applications, this 24dB parabolic WiFi Antenna may be a good choice.

This is just a sample of available products, many people have hi-gain antennas with similar specifications, but I haven't seen any other suppliers of signal boosters.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
johnwill is offline   Reply With Quote