Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lag issue

656 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  u3c307 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is suppose to be on this thread but it seems to be the closes thing to my issue. I been having lag issue when playing games when everybody in my household is on. Obviously, people will say because you have a slow connection or a bad modem or too much people on. Slow connection ( 30mbps down and 5 mbps up), bad modem (asked the isp to replace it yesterday), and a lot of people maybe lol (3 iPod touch, 2 iPads, 1 smart TV, 5 laptops.) I mean my ping for game is like 70-90. FPS is probably 60 or so. I don't lag when I'm the only one on, but when everything or maybe half is on I will get lag spike here and there every probably 30 minutes. The modem is wifi integrated with 300Mbps transfer rate wifi wise and support to 200 devices. I also tested using my ASUS RT-N56U and bridged it to the modem and having a separate wifi connection just for gaming. Still no go either way connected to the modem wifi or asus wifi. Both setup to support 2ghz and 5ghz which most time everything else is connected to the 2ghz and only laptops that are gaming are connected to the 5ghz channel. I just don't see what wrong here. Give me some light. I'm a technician but I'm stump at the moment. Shed me some light networking people.

Thanks in advance,

U3

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.