Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Issues with Netgear Wireless

This is a discussion on Issues with Netgear Wireless within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I've had my Netgear Router for about a year and haven't had any issues. I needed to move the

Old 04-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,
I've had my Netgear Router for about a year and haven't had any issues. I needed to move the computer and unplugged and moved the computer the next day. When I reconnected everything the desktop says that my Local Area Connection is connected however I can't access the internet unless I remove the Ethernet cable from the router and by pass the router all together. The wireless works fine with my laptop.
What am I missing???
Thanks
Melissa

Old 04-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
2xg
Team Manager, Networking Forums, Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi Meliissa and Welcome to TSF,

Verify if all network cables are plugged in to the correct ports. Modem to router's Internet port, then computer needs to be plugged in to the router's LAN or ethernet port. Followed by a Power Cycle:
How to Power Cycle Your Broadband Devices | | Tech Support Forum

Microsoft MVP 2011-2013 Windows Expert Consumer
Networking Articles & Tutorials
2xg is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Port Forwarding Issues
I'm trying to forward port 25565 for my Minecraft server, however, no matter what I do, I can't! I've tried disabling all of the firewalls (windows and my router/modem), made sure NAT was open, I have manually forwarded port 25565 (and have tried using programs to forward it), I have a static IP...
TaylorC Protocols and Routing 20 04-19-2012 09:10 AM
I need help with MS explorer.exe problems!
I have a multitude of problems that might have to do with MS explorer.exe not working right. **Before we start. This is a work PC so I can not do a fresh reinstall of the OS. I know that would be most peoples solution. I’m looking for a non-Nuke & Reboot option. My Acer Aspire 5738Z Win7...
NYKrumrie Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 7 04-09-2012 11:48 PM
Network Issues
UK A few days ago my laptop (Dell XPS L502X) started running ridiculously slowly, I could still connect to the internet fine and prior to this it had worked perfectly. To solve the slowness issue I partitioned the drive and installed windows on the new partition; everything seemed fine, I...
Connor0728 Networking Support 72 04-06-2012 02:16 PM
Nvidia/Standard VGA Graphics adapter issues
RE: Gateway laptop model ML3108B Nvidia Geforce Go 6100 graphics card Windows 64 bit O/S (originally vista) Device manager tells me the graphics card is the standard vga 1..i have read up on this and have tried several things such as downloading new drivers from Gateway - they won't install...
FatallyFlawed Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 3 04-05-2012 03:20 PM
Acer Aspire 4710Z wireless & Bluetooth Driver for XP
Dear experts, I am not able to find Wireless & Bluetooth Driver for my Acer Aspire 4710Z Laptop. I am using XP Professional Service Pack 3. I tried to download from Download but still its not working. Please help me out. Thanks, Amit
friend2gossip Driver Support 5 04-05-2012 08:13 AM