Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

ISP networking issue...

This is a discussion on ISP networking issue... within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have local ISP provider. the good thing is he connect all local users into one network. Through IP

Old 03-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I have local ISP provider. the good thing is he connect all local users into one network. Through IP messenger we can share files or chat.

But just now I installed D-link DIR-600 router. the router is connected through 192.168.0.1 IP with PPPoE ISP login password settings. I can access the internet but I am not able to see the other users in network.

I have windows 7 installed in pc and if I connect directly to my pc Ethernet port I can see the other network in IP messenger. When I connect directly thorught my ethernet port I get following IP range.

IP Address :
Subnet Mask :
Default Gateway :
DNS :
202.138.96.2 203.192.217.2

Please help me out

Old 03-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Registered Member

84 views and no solution :(

Old 03-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
Moderator - Networking

OS: W8 Prox64,Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit SP1, Mac OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, IOS 6

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF,

No need to bump the thread until 72Hrs has expired we are all volunteers here and give our time for free to help people.

Anyway you are behind a router now with a private 192. address it is likely that the router is not forwarding packets to your internal network from the other network when you connected directly with the 203. address.

I think you need to forward the port or ports for ip messenger thru your router to your computers ip address in order for it to work.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks for your help thecyberman.. but can you explain the procedure in detail please ...

thanks in advance ...
Old 03-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Moderator - Networking

OS: W8 Prox64,Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit SP1, Mac OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, IOS 6

My System

The default port that IPMessenger uses is 2425 i will be using this port for the configuration if it has been changed to a different port then use that port.

First lets find your ip address on the computer that has IPMessenger installed as you will need to input the ip address into the ip address section example address 192.168.0.2

Open a cmd prompt and type ipconfig /all scroll down to the ethernet connection probably named "Local Area Connection" make a note of the ip address and check the default gateway is 192.168.0.1 which is your router address.

Using a webbrowser navigate to your router ip address 192.168.0.1 login with username and password.

Click on advanced and the portforwarding screen should be open and will be highlighted on left hand side of screen to to let you know you are in portforwarding.

You will see a series of boxes the first is Name the second is Application Name & Computer Name we will not use these. Third is Port Public Port and Private port where we will enter port 2425. Last is Traffic Type.

First off in the checkbox to the left of the top rule box put a checkmark in there.

Second in Name click in the box and type IPMessenger this identifies the rule.

Third in the Public Port box put 2425 in that box hit TAB to move to next box and put port 2425 in there.

Hit TAB until it goes into Ip Address box and type the ip address that you made a note of from the ipconfig /all

Hit TAB until you get to Private Port and enter 2425 into both boxes.

Under Traffic Type click the drop down box arrow and select any.

Click save settings and reboot router.

That should be it.