Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

IPv6 Transition: Dual Stack options

This is a discussion on IPv6 Transition: Dual Stack options within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. currently we have a requirement to transition into ipv6 using dual stack. we have on-site users as well as guest/visitors

Old 02-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

currently we have a requirement to transition into ipv6 using dual stack.

we have on-site users as well as guest/visitors who will have ipv6 hosts who wants to access the internet to a mixture of ipv4/v6 web servers.

we hired a consultant and he advised the best way is using NAT-PT. i read online with the introduction of IETF-RFC4966 that NAT-PT has been depecrated/obsoleted, and that it's better to use NAT64. Is this true?

any advices or suggestions. many thanks!

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No Dual Display Option Showing Up
I have checked around and apparently when you right click on the taskbar and go to properties there is supposed to be a checkbox asking about extending the taskbar onto an additional desktop(a.k.a. dual display). But when I go to the properties there is no option about it there....that area of the...
lanedog33 Windows 8 Support 2 02-27-2012 09:48 AM
Dual Boot Windows 7 & XP on Different Drives?
Hi all. Please don't ask why I want to do this, it's a long story and I'm tired of explaining myself lol :banghead: So I already saw this link: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/8057-dual-boot-installation-windows-7-xp.html It seems to refer to installing two OS on the same HD. I'm not...
cyberphonics Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 4 02-12-2012 11:01 AM
Dual booting 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7
Hi, I am considering dual booting windows 32 bit and 64 bit, each on a separate drive. How do I go about this? can I simply pop in the dvd and choose a drive, and it knows to bring up a dual boot menu? Are there any considerations? Also, I would like to move my games, is this possible? Do i have...
Couly Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 3 02-12-2012 07:32 AM
Linux/XP Dual Boot setup
I have a Dell Inspiron 910 Notebook which shipped with Linux. I want to create a dual boot setup with Linux and Win XP and not sure how to go about it. It has Linux on it and I want to add Win XP. Can anyone help? Thanks
jules.lee Linux Support 2 02-11-2012 11:14 AM
Hooking up Dual Monitors to Acer M3410
I have a new Samsung 23" monitor and an older Amptron 17" monitor. I have an Acer M3410 desktop computer and I would like to hook up both monitors to this computer. The computer only has one VGA (?) port but also has an HDMI port in the back. The new monitor also has an HDMI port. Can I plug in...
doylehelmink Other Hardware Support 1 02-10-2012 04:32 PM