Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

IP-VPN behind a wireless router

This is a discussion on IP-VPN behind a wireless router within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I access the internet through a netgear wireless router connected to an adsl modem. I also have a technicolor 546v6

Old 12-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

I access the internet through a netgear wireless router connected to an adsl modem. I also have a technicolor 546v6 wired router connected to a separate phone line used as a vpn network, currently this router is connected to my nic and I used route ADD to route 10.2.2.0 ip to this router.
Ive made a network diagram in the best of my ability (please don't laugh) of the network configuration I'm interested in.

I want to disconnect the technicolor router from my pc and connect it to the netgear wireless router and somehow route the 10.2.2.0 ip to the technicolor router. From my limited understanding this can be done using the static route feature in the netgear configuration. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to properly connect the technicolor route rto the netgear wireless router, what cable should I use (regular/crossover) and what configurations have to be made in the router settings.

Here are the links to the routers specs:
Technicolor ST546v6
WNR3500L

And here's a link for the same question posted in another forum:

IP-VPN + wireless router

Thanks,

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Connectivity issues Windows 7 64bit + Belkin N Router
Hi there, I've been wrestling with connectivity issues affecting my Windows 7 machine and my wireless router for weeks with now with no success. My set up: ISP: TalkTalk (UK) Connection type: DSL My operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (I have also tried connecting from the same...
Teeb Networking Support 6 07-02-2012 10:31 AM
computer with wireless cannot detect ANY network in the area
Hello, All. I am recycling old computers and, out of the salvageable parts in such computers, I am rebuilding computers for needy families for Christmas.. Recently I came up against three problems (# 1 and # 2 are related to an old ECS P4M900T-M Socket 775 DDR2 motherboard. The computer came...
Mike Sturgeon Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 2 12-13-2011 10:36 PM
Wireless router to wireless router help
Hi all, I'm after so some much needed advice re: home networking so here's hoping - any help would much appreciated. I'm currently tyring to set up a Netgear N150 wireless router (client) in my bedroom so it connects to a Virgin Media router downstairs (master) via wireless (not by ethernet)...
vin_unleaded Cabling and Network Cards 5 12-02-2011 01:32 AM
HELP - How can I route connection from wireless laptop to wireless router?
Hi, I'm trying to route my internet connection from my laptop to a wireless router, so I can transmit the connection throughout the 1st floor of my house. The reason is complicated, so please don't offer any alternatives. This is my only choice right now :) Anyway, I have a Siemens Gigaset...
ShadowOfBlood Protocols and Routing 3 11-27-2011 11:21 AM