Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet issues

948 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  DarwinJones 
#1 ·
I am getting this error when trying to fix my connection. It was just working fine the other day and there has been no changes :

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi there,

Please provide more info when you can. Do you have a cable modem and router at your place? If so, try power cycling both devices and see if that helps.

Do you have a laptop or desktop computer? Have you installed any updates or 3rd party softwares recently? Also, if you have other computers at your place, are they able to access the internet?

Go into the device manager and see if there are any exclamations marks next to any of the hardware components of your computer. You can also try re-installing the network card drivers for your computer.

Try accessing the internet from both wifi and ethernet connection on your computer and see if one at least works.

Hope everything works out well for you.

#4 ·
Hi there,

Take a network cable and connect it directly to your computer's ethernet port. See if you're able to access the internet via hard-wired.

Have you tested your computer in other locations, let's say a coffee shop where they have internet access? If you're able to get internet access fine in other places, it's most likely your cable modem device.

You can also try contacting your ISP(Internet Service Provider) and have them do some test. This recently happened to me in fact. After having my cable modem that my ISP provided for a couple of years, my cable modem started crapping out. I did plenty of troubleshooting to no available.

I called my ISP, a tech came out to my place, and it turns out to be a defective cable modem. They replaced the cable modem for free with a newer model.

#7 ·
Hi there,

Hmmm.....so it's a desktop PC. May I ask, is this a custom built PC or a brand name PC(e.g. HP, Lenovo, Dell)? When you can, open up the PC and see if you can find the motherboard model.

Are you accessing the internet hardware wise, via network card that's integrated onto the motherboard or a network card that you installed on the PCI slot? One thing you can do is to re-install the network card drivers of the network card. Go to a working computer, download the network card drivers of your computer's network card and save it onto a USB flash drive. Then, go to your computer and un-install the network card drirvers, reboot your computer, and then re-install the network card drivers from your USB flash drive.

Another thing you can do is to reset the TCP/IP settings. Check out this link = Reset TCP/IP or Internet Protocol in Windows 10/8/7

Also, try changing out the network cable. Network cables hardly go bad but they do. I've had this happen to me a couple of times.

#8 ·
Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.