Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet Download Manager 5.18 cannot download

21K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  2xg 
#1 ·
Dear sir;

I have just installed IDM 5.18, but it cannot download and always pop up error message. What do you think I should do?:sigh:

Best Regards,

#3 ·
Hello af3,

It seems my Kaspersky Internet Security blocks the IDM. Beforehand, I could download any kind of files using IDM, then one day Kaspersky popped up a message saying that the application has a danger level. I then clicked 'Block the application'. .... since then IDM cannot download and always gives error message.

I have been trying to unblock this application from Kaspersky setting but I cannot find the way to (to allow this application).

Is it a good idea if I uninstall Kaspersky and then reinstall it in order that IDM may be 'allowed' this time?

Plz help

Best Regards,

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello af3,

It seems my Kaspersky Internet Security blocks the IDM. Beforehand, I could download any kind of files using IDM, then one day Kaspersky popped up a message saying that the application has a danger level. I then clicked 'Block the application'. .... since then IDM cannot download and always gives error message.

I have been trying to unblock this application from Kaspersky setting but I cannot find the way to (to allow this application).

Is it a good idea if I uninstall Kaspersky and then reinstall it in order that IDM may be 'allowed' this time?

Plz help

hi,

i was having the same problem about kaspersky not allowing any d/l's to go through but today i'm getting the same message and can't figure out why.

anyway how to fix kaspersky go to online security and then to anti-banner, select the white list and add the servers you need in the list by adding * infront and behind the server name example:
*rapidshare.com*
add these for all of them that you need.

the other thing is applications and putting internet download manager as a trusted application.

hope that works!

good luck!

Best Regards

#4 ·
In Kaspersky, go to "Settings->Anti-Hacker->Settings->Rules for Applications" and delete the rule for IDM, then click "OK", then "Apply" and start IDM - when prompted; this time select "Allow".

I hope that works... If not, please tell me what version of Kaspersky you are using.

#5 ·
I am using Kaspersky internet security 2010.

I tried to do what you asked me to, but there is no 'Anti Hacker' in my Kaspersky. I go to setting-> application control, but didn't find any rules for IDM.

I have also checked its firewall rules and Internet Download Manager 5.18 is categorised 'Trusted'. So then, I tried to download a file and a popup message came up saying "Cannot transfer file download to Internet Download Manager. Error 0x80070005" ... the standard downloader then automatically popped up helping me to download the file.

Is it bug from IDM or something else?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.