Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to share internet connection among several computers.

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  2xg 
#1 ·
Hello support,
i want to share my internet connection in LAN.
i have windows 7 in my system, and in my LAN PC having both XP-SP2 & Win7.
I have a Teracom ADSL router (4Port) & D-link 8 Port Switch.
i want to share my connection like this :

Router --->My Computer (Host)----> Then other computer in the LAN.

Please help me how can i set up it.
because i want to block some website in my network.

Waiting for your response.
Thanx in advance.

#2 ·
Home many other computers are wanting to connect this way?

You could use ICS (internet connection sharing)...

Does your router support website blocking? That might be a better option for you.

Or depending on how many systems you want to have connected, and you still want to have a computer as a gateway, you could install wingate. It isn't free but it does it job very well.

#4 ·
I think 10 connections would be too much for ICS, and would be a pain. Your best option is to either use a router that supports website blocking, or setup a proper computer based internet gateway like I suggested above.

I looked at the site you provided for your router, but it gives very little information about the router. It might be best to call your isp provider and ask if the router supports website blocking, or look through the router and see if there is a area in it that allows you to block websites, or keywords.

#6 ·
There might be something in the ip filtering area, but I doubt it. It is more than likely only going to give a option for either allowing connections or not allowing connections to the internet in general.

Probably the best option overall is to buy a second router that supports website blocking.

#8 ·
Hello,

It might help and worth reading your modem/router's manual if it supports web site blocking. If it doesn't support it, you might want to invest on a newer technology where more features are available and will meet your needs. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.