Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

How to setup DIR-601 Dlink Router as Repeater(has DD-WRT firmware)~??

This is a discussion on How to setup DIR-601 Dlink Router as Repeater(has DD-WRT firmware)~?? within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My ISP plan speeds are ~35Mpbs DOWN & ~10Mbps UP I have a Motorola SB5101 Surfboard I have a NETGEAR

Old 03-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

My ISP plan speeds are ~35Mpbs DOWN & ~10Mbps UP

I have a Motorola SB5101 Surfboard

I have a NETGEAR WNDR3300 RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Router

I have a D-Link DIR-601 Wireless-N Router with DD-WRT FIRMWARE

I have already successfully upgraded the firmware to DD-WRT with no problems.

What I want to do is have the D-Link DIR-601 Router set as a Repeater Bridge because I am trying to expand my wireless signal to dead spots in the house.

I have NO SECURITY enabled on my NetGear Router and I am still unable to successully setup the D-link DIR-601 Router as a Repeater Bridge.

its frekan difficuly.... ne1 done this b4~????????

Old 03-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Although I haven't set this up before, I can try and assist you with your problem. Can you tell me what you've done so far? And just to be sure, you've made sure the d-link 601's firmware version was up to date before you flash it correct?

Old 03-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
Moderator - Networking

OS: W8 Prox64,Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit SP1, Mac OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, IOS 6

My System

Have a look at this article below it may help:

How to Convert a Second Router into a Wireless Bridge | | Tech Support Forum

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
#1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server
Hello! Me and my friends have rented a dedicated server to host a game for people to play. We access the database through phpMyAdmin and logging in works fine for both my friends. Although when I try I get the following error: #1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server Connection for...
Ankz0r Web Serving and Management 1 08-09-2012 07:52 PM
Restoring Aspire 6930 to factory default
Hold onto your chairs & wrap a leg around the table. You are going to love this one! ALT + F10 doesn't work. I may have broken the key board in frustration. Neither ACER (laptop out of warranty) nor Microsoft (can't make out last 2 characters of product key label) were much help:angry: ...
rennyg Laptop Support 10 03-27-2012 05:14 AM
Looking for Software to Backup iTunes &/or Outlook 2010 Files
Is there a very good freeware, or inexpensive software program, out there I could use to simplify the backing up (and restoring) of user files in iTunes and/or Outlook 2010 in Windows 7? Two separate ones are fine--that's what I would expect. This current chore of restoring both of these...
lochkelly Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 8 03-09-2012 10:39 AM
Windows 7 slow to show log in screen
I have a few PCs on a domain of about 40 clients that take forever to show the log in screen. They just get the Please Wait message and the only fix is to unplug the network cable and reboot. My question is this: Barring hardware (PC and network) are there Domain policies that would cause...
antros Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 03-08-2012 02:03 AM
Unable to set up static IP
Comcast Cable Internet Linksys WRT54G Router (using wired, not wireless) I've done this a million times over so I thought I knew what I was doing. I set my IP as 192.168.1.236 and get all of the information I need from ipconfig. When I put it all together though, it just doesn't work. I...
Phazed Protocols and Routing 5 03-07-2012 12:26 PM