Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

How to connect Two Different Networks?

This is a discussion on How to connect Two Different Networks? within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello , I have two router as well as two switch. 1st router is Dlink's router, I used this router

Old 05-15-2011, 03:23 AM   #1
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

Hello ,
I have two router as well as two switch. 1st router is Dlink's router, I used this router for sharing files and folders and also connect to NET. And 2nd router used for Windows Media Encoder to upload my audio data to other computer.
My first router is connected with a 16 port DLink switch, and also 2nd router is connect with another 8 Port Dlink router. Now, 1 computer has two LAN card and it connect with both router through switch. But both is not working at a time, but if i disable one LAN another is worked and vice versa.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

To get a particular NIC to talk to a particular router you need to change the gateway address on the NIC to do so. You can force this by going into the TCPIP settings for each connection you have and assigning the appropriate gateway to it.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
Management Team Networking

Actually the problem IS the two gateways.

Solution is take the gateway entry OFF the nic NOT connecting to the internet.

Given the setup there appears to be no reason for more than one router.
You should just connect everything via the switches and one nic.
Wand3r3r is online now   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Wireless Networks detected but can't connect
Hey guys I have a frustrating problem. I haven't had internet in a couple of months until recently when I got cable broadband and a TP-Link wireless router. The setup works fine with a ADSL cable but I can't get my laptop to connect to any wireless networks including my new router. If I run a...
tig5 Networking Support 5 07-28-2011 03:52 PM
[SOLVED] Win7 HP Laptop wont connect to Belkin FSD8235 - 4
Hi All For some reason my laptop has stopped connecting to my wireless network. It shows up as available with Excellent signal. I know the password is correct and that hasnt changed but now when i right click and connect it INSTANTLY says "Windows cannot connect to Area51" before it even seems...
toms88 Networking Support 24 05-15-2011 08:47 AM
Google Redirect Virus/Malware
Hi, I've had this redirect virus for a couple of months now, I didn't try much removal programs other than malwarebytes anti-malware and Dr.Webs Cure It and then I read you're only chance of getting rid of it was reformatting. NOTE: due to the reformat I'm back to Windows XP Service Pack 2. A...
KFH Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 30 05-06-2011 12:34 PM
Connect two Networks Via VPN
Hi Guys, I've been looking around for more information on this topic but I couldn't find quite the specifics I'm looking for. In the most basic text, I want to connect two networks together via the internet and VPN. I currently have two Windows 2k8 Servers housed at both locations. I've...
ev5unleash Networking Support 1 02-14-2011 08:31 PM
Why won't my laptop connect to my network/internet
My computer won't connect to my network. I goto my list of wireless networks, chose my home network and press connect. Then a prompt comes up and says " Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and...
BBradshaw Laptop Support 1 01-29-2011 02:28 AM