Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

How to connect Laptop LAN internet to android 2.2 mobile

This is a discussion on How to connect Laptop LAN internet to android 2.2 mobile within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, i am from South Africa, here i am having LAN connection to my laptop with registered in main data

Old 10-20-2011, 03:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

EEK!

Hi,
i am from South Africa, here i am having LAN connection to my laptop with registered in main data base, so i can't use my mobile using a same username to WiFi. Please help me about Bluetooth/ USB connection between Laptop lan Internet to my Samsung Galaxy i551 android 2.2 mobile, so that i can access internet in my mobile without WiFi registration.
it would be grate help if you instruct me step by step, to fix this problem.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:31 AM   #2
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

I'm afraid that's not possible, at least not if the device isn't rooted.

Here's a link that refers to the same concern.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:38 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you for quick reply, i am bit worried about opposite tethering, its not working by using Connectify, so, i am unable to update things in my Android mobile.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:56 AM   #4
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

Well, you're only option is to use Wi-Fi elsewhere

OR

Try the USB cable method

Quote:
Then discovered it's easier via USB cable. Just go to Settings -> About Phone -> USB settings. Then select PC Internet. Connect phone to PC via USB cable and then I had no problem connecting to the internet.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:06 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thank you very much. But once i connected to my mobile via USB not showing any option like what you said.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:19 AM   #6
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

1. Did the PC detect your mobile device and install the necessary drivers for it?

2. Did the phone offer you any configuration options, right after it was connected to the PC?

Note that both devices are to detect each other, before you see other options.