Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

how do i hook up my hdtv to my verizon router

This is a discussion on how do i hook up my hdtv to my verizon router within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. ok,how do i hook up my insignia 32 inch hdtv blue ray to my verizon wireless router,using an ethernet cable,please

Old 04-21-2011, 05:13 AM   #1
Registered Member

ok,how do i hook up my insignia 32 inch hdtv blue ray to my verizon wireless router,using an ethernet cable,please let me know the steps to do to get this tv hooked up to the internet,thankyou.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
Registered Member

OS: Vista,XP, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008 R2 and Linux.

Does your tv support ethernet or wifi connectivity? if it doesnt then it is not possible without buying some 3rd party kit which i dont know about...

Maz

Old 04-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Most tv's with blu ray built in have an ethernet connection on the back. You can just run a cable from there to your router and you should be good to go. If that is not practical - the router is too far away, then you will need to either go powerline adapters or put in a wireless repeater. Let us know how the TV works.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
Registered Member

i have a m1424wr verizon router,every time i try to log in to my router,the pass word puts three dots in as soon as i type,the word password does not work,what iam i supposed to put in,and how do i get around those annoying three dots,thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #5
Registered Member

My System

Did Verizon not provide you with information on how to configure the router (including admin password)? If not, they may be treating it as proprietary and not letting you change settings - I've never used Verizon for internet, so I don't know how they treat it.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

You should have gotten a manual with the router if not contact verizon and they will tell you the default password - assumes that you have not changed it. If you did change the router password they can tell you how to reset the router to get the default password back. Most of these routers use "root" or "admin" as the default password so you might try one of those. The three dots I have no idea about!
Rgrds-Ross