Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

high latency due to network and wireless adapters

This is a discussion on high latency due to network and wireless adapters within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have the same issue with Toshiba satelite AA665D-s6091 I expierience crackling sound when playing. peaks appeared when I had

Old 03-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have the same issue with Toshiba satelite AA665D-s6091 I expierience crackling sound when playing. peaks appeared when I had either the (cable and wireless) adaptors enabled, when I enable/disable the backlit keyboard and also when I enable/disable eco-mode.

A Windows and driver update fixed the cable adaptor issue.

I ran the commands in post #19:
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp

netsh int tcp set global dca=enabled

The wireless adaptor issue was fixed with these, however every time y enable/disable backlit keyboard or eco-mode on my laptop I still get this latency peaks around 18000 us and audio clicks.
I check latency with DPC latency checker V1.3.0
Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 03-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
2xg
Team Manager, Networking Forums, Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Welcome to TSF,

I have moved your Post and created your own Thread here to better assist you. You were originally subscribed from this Thread.

Microsoft MVP 2011-2013 Windows Expert Consumer
Networking Articles & Tutorials
2xg is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gaming build, budget £700 (can be stretched to £800)
Hello there, I'm looking to build a new gaming rig to replace an aging Pentium 4 that I have to coax to life every time I want to turn it on. With dust coming out of it everytime the fan whirs and a CPU that thinks running at 90 degrees is cool, I'm looking to replace my 10 year old 'friend'. ...
RossComrie Building 50 03-25-2012 11:32 AM
Unable to use a mouse/touchpad
My wireless mouse for my laptop, a Logitech M510, was working fine, until I restarted my computer yesterday, now, all of a sudden, my laptop will not acknowledge any mice I use on it, corded or otherwise. I have already tried power draining it in case the USB ports were not getting enough power,...
Lunarpaw Laptop Support 2 03-21-2012 05:26 AM
Help getting up to speed w/ DSLR
I was a commercial photographer and lab tech for 4+ decades ending about the time digital photography came into itís own. Since then, all Iíve used are a couple of point and shoots. A friend has gifted me with a FujiFinepix S2 Pro w/ a AF Nikor 24-85 lens. Iíve downloaded a manual for it but I...
kortmann Photographer's Corner 13 03-21-2012 02:34 AM
Help! Searchbnu.com406 virus How to remove?
Help!:cry: My computer is infected with Searchnu.com406 virus. MicroSecurity Essentials does not remove it and neither does Malebytes. I am afraid to download from other sites that state their program will remove it. I am willing to remove it manually if someone can tell me how. Can someone...
binkie99 Resolved HJT Threads 26 03-19-2012 07:46 PM
Display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered
The other day I was on CNN.com and was watching one of their videos about some news. The graphics on the screen looked very distorted and all of a sudden the browser crashed (Firefox). A pop up message came up on my desktop saying, "Display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered"....
Techie19 Video Card Support 4 03-18-2012 09:02 PM