Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got DDoSed a few days ago, new IP, new modem, not staying connected....

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  CoDApril 
#1 ·
My friend is a gamer and streams his games live online. Of course there are going to be the jealous kids, and someone DDoSed him, when I had him change his mac address to get a new IP, it's almost like it would save and not keep the change, his modem started to powercycle. He went to Comcast yesterday and got a new modem like I told him to, because it would do this even hard wired. Did not work so they actually came to his house today and replaced some things and left, he is still experiencing this issue, he has a new modem and he can only stay connected for 1-2 minutes and he just keeps disconnecting.

He has been in this house for 3 months now and has not had a problem until he got DDoSed, this is not related to his IP, and no, they are not still hitting him offline, I have tried everything I can think of, having him do a virus scan atm, any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

#5 ·
01843f0fce61dd4af1797a5df223c643.png

He said it's mostly when he tried to upload, but he cannot play Xbox either, every time I change the next to the last of my mac address my IP changes.

Anywho, Comcast came back to his house and replaced lines and stuff, they could not get it to work, they are sending a more advanced tech to his house tomorrow. He did that tracert, he said two of the hops timed out.

#6 ·
I would suggest not messing with the mac address.
The ipconfig /all is good. No issues there.
Would be nice to see the tracert results. Timeouts don't always indicate a problem. Just means the router is not configured to reply to icmp protocol.

Does appear to be a comcast issue if they are sending out an advanced tech.

To play xbox you need to forward ports. Google xbox forward ports or go to portforward.com for more info

#7 ·
Yea he streams and he has not had any problems at all since he has moved in, it just happened since the second he got DDoSed, not sure how far a DDoS attack can do as far as damage to your equipment, or it may be a Comcast issue, but I really do hope they fix it soon. He said he could not do tracert when it was disconnecting/disconnected, only after, is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.