Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Firefox not responding on tumblr.

This is a discussion on Firefox not responding on tumblr. within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok on every 1st boot of my pc & laptop if i open tumblr in FireFox &/or chrome it hangs

Old 02-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
Registered Member

Ok on every 1st boot of my pc & laptop if i open tumblr in FireFox &/or chrome it hangs for around a minute (not responding) and if i press anything it want's to close the browser and restart....so i have so far
Disabled nod32
Uninstall nod32
Run FireFox in safe mode
with no solution......All down to bandwidth?

and btw this only happens on the 1st attempt once loaded i can go into it in seconds?

Old 02-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Can you provide me a list of your computer specs? CPU and RAM?

Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
Registered Member

Both are running nod antivirus 5 and also spybot but not really much else i can only put it down to some sort of virus scanning i plan to re format the laptop this evening and a program by program to see what i can get, oh also I'm using firefox 4.0.1 but doubt that's the issue as the same thing happened on chrome, tbf both machines are running slower than normal and look to have a higher than needed ram usage!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
Registered Member

laptop i7 2.02 8gb ram
desktop i3 3.02 8 gb ram
both 7 64 bit
Old 02-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Alright give us an update. If you haven't reformat the computer, try using this technique.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #6
Registered Member

Ok so i did a fresh install in stead of msconfig just to be deadly sure
updated firefox
installed avg to replace nod as it runs light
all was fine and now around a week in the problem is back
both in firefox safe mode and standard mode with add on's enabled also running that laptop with low windows graphics to speed it up this cannot be normal for an i7 with switchable graphics can it?
still within warranty time to give hp hell?