Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Enable upnp on a router that doesn't have the option

This is a discussion on Enable upnp on a router that doesn't have the option within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently got a Motorola NVG510 (from AT&T, they changed our internet plan and sent a new router) and since

Old 12-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

I recently got a Motorola NVG510 (from AT&T, they changed our internet plan and sent a new router) and since then I've had problems with Skype. I think I've narrowed the problem down to there being no upnp on this router to enable, and Skype doesn't like that.

So, is there any way I can make this option available, or some other way to 'simulate' upnp so Skype will play nice? I read somewhere else that "IP Passthrough" may be an option, but I'm unsure about that.

Thanks

Old 12-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Sent17inel Send a message via MSN to Sent17inel Send a message via Yahoo to Sent17inel

Why don't you try in skype settings un-checking UPnP and see if skype knows how to get online without it.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Get Router to use my DHCP Server Help
What I want to do is let my DHCP server assign the IPs to those who connect to my wireless network via my netgear router. Currently I have the Router DHCP turned on, but when I turn it off it does not work and you still get assigned an IP from the router instead of the DHCP. The DHCP server is...
esb260 Protocols and Routing 1 07-15-2011 12:35 PM
How can I disable the router in a cable modem router?
Hi, I've been having problems with the router portion of my cable modem router. I have a brand new router that I would like to use rather than the crappy router that is part of the cable modem. The problem is that I'm not able to get online no matter how I set the settings. I have disabled...
wackal Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 12 06-17-2011 07:11 AM
Router issues...
Dear Guys: I recently searched for a problem I'm having with a router, actually 3 D-Link routers have all resulted in the same problem. So here's what's going on: - I followed the steps in setting up the router straight from the manual step by step. - I cannot connect to the internet...
sharee511 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 5 04-26-2011 05:51 AM
Opening a port on my router
I want to open a certain port on my router and I know it shouldn’t be a problem, just go inside of your router settings and add the port manually. But somehow I was enough smart to forget my routers username and password, now my question is my only option a hard reset of the router and deleting...
newdavidof Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 3 03-03-2011 02:22 PM
How to disable your security applications
Note: Those which do not have the instructions for re-enabling are usually re-enabled by a reboot. Once the scans are completed, be sure to Turn On "Real-Time Scanning". Adaware 10 Free/Pro Antivirus Open Ad-aware 10 Click on "Real-time Protection" in the left panel, and toggle it...
amateur Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 0 06-14-2010 01:12 PM