Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

DNS issues with Windows CE 5.0

This is a discussion on DNS issues with Windows CE 5.0 within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I'm using a handheld mobile scanning unit loaded with the Windows CE 5.0 operating system, and I'm having major

Old 12-21-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using a handheld mobile scanning unit loaded with the Windows CE 5.0 operating system, and I'm having major trouble with using the internet.

The device uses a program called "summit client utility" to manage the wireless connection, and I have my laptop and several office computers connected to a reliable wireless signal at the same location. However, the device finds a connection, with a strong signal, but loses it as soon as I attempt to use Internet Explorer to verify the connection/use the web.

The device gains an IP address but the address continually flickers between "xxx.xxx.xx.x" (the IP number) and "1.1.1.1."

Its status continually changes between "associated" and "not associated". IE gives me the classic "cannot find server or DNS error" message.

Can anyone help, this is driving me up the wall!!!!

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redirect Virus
Hi, Since about a month I've noticed that whenever I run google search after clicking at link in results page I'm being redirected to some random pages. I've ignored it at first as I thought It's harmless, however after making some research I notice it's a serious problem and after failing...
Asator616 Resolved HJT Threads 17 11-17-2011 04:21 PM
Windows XP Fix
I have got this intruder on my computer. I cannot access the internet or anything else. I was going to do a system restore, but I cannot get to it. I do have another computer with Vista, but I need the XP computer for work. Please help!
mishamisha Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 26 07-14-2011 06:36 PM
ALL files hidden. XP REPAIR "16375588.exe"
Hit a nasty link last nite and noticed Java icon pop up in the task bar. Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up task manager and it said disabled by administrator which is me and I did not do. Soon all files were hidden and only option on screen was "XP Repair" pop up. I only seem to get control in safe...
mrfurrypants Resolved HJT Threads 13 07-07-2011 06:16 PM
Some kind of redirect on computer (Monster Marketplace)
I don't know how this happened, but something has gotten into my computer that constantly redirects anything I click on. If I enter a search in the box, that does OK, but whenever I click on anything, there's a high likelihood that what I've clicked on won't come up - quite often, Monster...
Calgirl Resolved HJT Threads 198 05-23-2011 06:01 AM
Fake Windows Security Program has infected my computer! Please help me remove it!
i was simply browsing the web, and when I hit a link this Windows Security scanner program popped up with several different pop ups and tried telling me my computer was infected with all these particular files. I didn't subscribe to it or anything I just clicked out of it. Now, my computer...
flip25 Inactive Malware Help Topics 4 04-12-2011 11:23 AM