Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Disconnected to the internet, then not, then connected...

This is a discussion on Disconnected to the internet, then not, then connected... within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi. I constantly disconnected from the internet as my status goes to identifying... instead of Internet access; connected. Also, I'm

Old 03-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

Mistake

Hi. I constantly disconnected from the internet as my status goes to identifying... instead of Internet access; connected. Also, I'm not sure if this is related but when playing online non-browser based game: League of Legends, some time period into the game (10-30 minutes) I start getting disconnected with the message "Attempting to Reconnect" but a few seconds or a minute later I am able to play again. A few seconds later, this message appears again. None of these issues have happened to me before. My computer worked fine until one day I turned it on and the League of Legends issue happened where my all of my internet related programs lost connection and my google chrome crashed. Then, today, the internet issue affected all internet related programs. I don't remember making any change to my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. I have no system restore points for some reason
Background Details:
Windows 7
used for ~3 years now
an AT&T service man came to my house RIGHT BEFORE THIS ISSUE and repaired the router which kept disconnected back and forth.

P.S.I actually don't know if this is in the right section.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Administrator

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

and welcome to the Forum

Please provide us with some additional output and information, see the guidelines here.

Old Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

Wireless connection
Service provider: AT&T
Broadband connection: DSL
Mortorola router
Anti-Virus:Avast
Attached Files
File Type: txt ipconfig.txt (3.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
Administrator

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Please also post the xirrus report and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

As AT&T have already been out because of this, I think you should contact them again.

Did they explain what they did to the router to "fix" the problem and do you get these disconnects when wired ?
Old 03-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

This article may help with your missing restore points What To Do About Missing Windows 7 Restore Points « IT Expert Voice
Old 03-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
Registered Member

xirrus screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	578.8 KB
ID:	123789  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
Registered Member

The first problem with disconnecting from the internet has stopped occurring. However, the problem with League of Legends remains. I hardly believe that this is a networking error because it only happens to my computer. It seems like after a while, my computer starts to heat up and things get slower. When I play LoL though, my computer gets really hot and all internet related apps stop working.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #9
Registered Member

there's 1 program that is called services that appears but when left-clicking it, nothing happens.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
Administrator

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by niradsf View Post
The first problem with disconnecting from the internet has stopped occurring. However, the problem with League of Legends remains. I hardly believe that this is a networking error because it only happens to my computer. It seems like after a while, my computer starts to heat up and things get slower. When I play LoL though, my computer gets really hot and all internet related apps stop working.
Have you blown the dust bunnies out lately?