Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Device Ownership Password issue

This is a discussion on Device Ownership Password issue within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I bought Belkin N RJ45 wireless router yesterday. I tried to set up wireles connection for my Dell Inspiron 630m

Old 09-18-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

I bought Belkin N RJ45 wireless router yesterday. I tried to set up wireles connection for my Dell Inspiron 630m laptop. Under wireless network listing, I see Belkin_N_RJ45 highligted. When I click "Connect" botton, I am asked to enter "Device Ownership Password" to contniue to set up. I did check the router, I could not see and locate it anywhere. I did call Belkin. They told me that I needed to contact Microsoft to get it. I can not understand why I am supposed to call Microsoft about it.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks!
MK

Old 07-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
Registered Member

Rubbish advice, it's actually the PIN code on the bottom of the router although I admit that is not immediately obvious...have fun

Old 08-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

I had same problem with a dell latitude d430. It has the Intel PROset Wireless installed and asked me the same question for my dlink dir-635 router. There was no pin at all on the router and i tried so many different number combination's but, finally i found one that worked!!!!!!!!! it was 8 Zeros! lol what crap. So in other words I typed 00000000 and it worked. Hope that helps out.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:46 AM   #4

Good advice for solution it's actually the PIN code on the bottom of the router although I admit that is not immediately obvious...have fun.........