Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating an iOS + Android app for my community!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pcride 
#1 ·
I am thinking about having an iOS iPhone, iPad, and Android app for my community. I have had some requests from users because they think it will be easier to talk to the other members, ask questions and view various content I create.

Does anyone have their own iOS and Android app for their community?

#2 ·
This should go in the correct forum (for some reason I can't move it), however I can give you a little bit of advice as I have (and still do) built apps for Android.

Developing for both (at the same time) can be difficult (unless you know how I guess) although there are a number of platforms that offer cross platform development, some of the more popular platforms include:

Unity - Great for games, but they do have a lot of other templates available online.
Corona - Lua is meant to be very easy to learn and develop with.

Best of luck.

#3 ·
I had several points which are important to me.

1 - First I needed my own app with real time chat and private messaging including the ability to send push notifications that can be downloaded from the app stores by my users and seen in mobile (all versions) so I narrowed down the search for chat room app solutions..

2 - I needed a design to include my images, I needed my background to be black or transparent and completely white label with my logo.

3 - I do not like to install the chat in my server as this is high cpu and resource consumer. So I need a complete cloud chat service.

4 - Lastly, I needed the ability to add youtube videos, have users private message me, and have my own app account system.

I have checked several app builders and only 1 met my needs, Chatwing.

I choose Chatwing finally as it has real time messaging built in and can be custom branded as my own app plus can be integrated into my web page.

#4 ·
In the latest in Forums and mobile computing I am seeing a lot of forums with the mobile enhanced view, acts like an app buts its just a mobile version of the same forum online. These are ok but can get annoying.

I wonder if creating an app is worth it now days, when there are so many choices with some of the forums already host different chat community forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.