Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Connect two Networks Via VPN

This is a discussion on Connect two Networks Via VPN within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Guys, I've been looking around for more information on this topic but I couldn't find quite the specifics I'm

Old 02-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

OS: Windows XP (Home,Pro) ,Vista Home Premium, Server 2008

Hi Guys,

I've been looking around for more information on this topic but I couldn't find quite the specifics I'm looking for.

In the most basic text, I want to connect two networks together via the internet and VPN. I currently have two Windows 2k8 Servers housed at both locations. I've tried to do as much as I could myself but clients on both sides cannot access each other.

I set-up the Remote Router function on both Servers and connected them but I still cannot ping or access any of the remote resources on that network.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Management Team Networking

Best way is to setup two firewall routers to so site to site vpn. Then it makes it like both are on the same lan.

Do understand you have two servers. I will bet you have two forests also. These two will not be able to talk together and neither will the clients, until you make a forest trust. This is assuming they are not named the same for forest/domain/server or you have other issues.
Wand3r3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cisco vpn issues?
Ok so our company has a VPN set up on our workstation laptops for employees to be able to connect to the office network from home. We use CISCO VPN CLIENT, and a pre-setting .pcf file to upload our vpn into the client. The settings are correct completely to allow the VPN to work from home. All...
Screamo Networking Support 7 02-10-2011 05:36 AM
Why won't my laptop connect to my network/Internet?
My computer won't connect to my network. I goto my list of wireless networks, chose my home network and press connect. Then a prompt comes up and says " Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and...
BBradshaw Networking Support 3 01-29-2011 02:43 PM
Why won't my laptop connect to my network/internet
My computer won't connect to my network. I goto my list of wireless networks, chose my home network and press connect. Then a prompt comes up and says " Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and...
BBradshaw Laptop Support 1 01-29-2011 02:28 AM
Vpn & ftp
Hello all, I am looking for method to backup data (via FTP) from one location (client) to a remote location (server) through a secured connection. I have goggled what I need to get done and I am still not sure whether I got the basic concept correct. Wonder if someone is kind enough to...
SorcererStone File and Application Sharing 1 01-03-2011 11:42 AM