Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Connect Two Computers on Optical Fiber

This is a discussion on Connect Two Computers on Optical Fiber within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. There are two offices and both offices are connected with optical fiber for voice sharing on phone. Now I want

Old 04-24-2009, 03:46 AM   #1
Registered Member

There are two offices and both offices are connected with optical fiber for voice sharing on phone. Now I want to connect both offices via dial up for data sharing. I want to dial the number of other office from a computer dial up or from some other application to make a connection with the computer on other office. So a connection will be established for data sharing. Please help me in this regard. Which application will be used for this purpose. I want to send data on same optical fiber which is used to carry voice signel.
Thanks

Old 04-24-2009, 06:54 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Why in the world would you be trying to use dialup when you have a fiber connection? Clearly, we'd need to know the exact make/model of the fiber endpoint connection hardware, but there surely has to be a better way, since I suspect you're already using VoIP phone hardware.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
johnwill is offline   Reply With Quote