Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Computer Networking Class

This is a discussion on Computer Networking Class within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I am currently taking a computer networking class and was hoping to get some pointers/help on my homework. Here

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I am currently taking a computer networking class and was hoping to get some pointers/help on my homework.

Here is my overall goal:
Your task is to draft a top-level design of an enterprise-wide telecommunications network for a fictitious company, including requirements, LAN topology, and WAN infrastructure that will handle a constant stream of traffic between offices.

Here is my Current Assignment related to my goal:
A description of the LAN topology design that will be used at each office, and a checklist of cabling specifications for a cabling contractor. Include a minimum of two scholarly references to support your cabling and LAN topology choices.

Can anyone give me any pointers when choosing a topology choice and cabling? What should I consider? I have read my materials of course but I love actual user input. THank you in advance for any help.