Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

can't connect to internet after reformatting

This is a discussion on can't connect to internet after reformatting within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I reformatted my hard drive and now I can't connect to the internet. I have tried several things, looking at

Old 10-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Mistake

I reformatted my hard drive and now I can't connect to the internet. I have tried several things, looking at posts online from others but nothing has worked so far. I am using another computer to get info on fixing this problem. I have a Vista computer and I have a wireless netgear adapter.
Any suggestions?

Old 10-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

and welcome to the Forum

Did you load the drivers for the network adaptor after the installation? You can look in Device Manager to see which drivers you need

Old Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
Registered Member

I did reload the drivers. Now when I turn on my computer the monitor does not turn on. :(
Old 10-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Does anything show on the monitor?

Old Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to connect two laptops to the Internet via one wireless access point?
At home I have a wireless access point that I use to connect my laptop #1 to the Internet. On laptop #1 IP address is set to 193.49.21.65. This IP address also Subnet Mask and other addresses are given by my Internet Service Provider. Everything works just fine but lately I bought another laptop...
tumbler360 Networking Support 1 07-04-2011 12:44 PM
Start menu programs gone, Icons, files and folders hidden, random audio, IE redirect
Last night, I was surfing the net. Suddenly audio started playing on my speakers, and desktop icons started disappearing. Then I got a notice like "your IDE/SATA drive has failed....." i hit control+alt+delete, and it said task manager has been disabled by the administrator, which, or course is me...
ynpguy Resolved HJT Threads 16 04-02-2011 10:23 PM
Possible Virus/Trojan?
I'm having issues with ZoneAlarm not being able to activate anti-virus/anti-spyware. I've updated the a.v. database as well as the app itself to the latest versions but still cannot get av/as to activate. It remains disabled and the option to turn it on is grayed out. I'm also unable to get...
Dan V. Resolved HJT Threads 35 03-28-2011 09:29 AM
[SOLVED] Error Code: C00D1197 OR 0xC00D1197
Hello ....don't know if this is right forum I listen to a online football station for my home team. Just recently it has stopped working in IE 8 32 bit. I can log in but can't play any content in the windows media player it uses. However it will work in IE 64 bit and Firefox browsers...I...
REMA1 Internet Explorer Forum 11 03-20-2011 10:43 PM
Antivira AV virus - Help appreciated
Hi there My pc picked up a nasty virus called Antivira AV rendering it pretty much useless. Itís a bogus virus scanner that automatically seems to close down Windows Defender and take over. I canít use Internet Explorer and also canít go in the Task Manager, when I press Ctrl alt delete it...
Jvdbliek Resolved HJT Threads 18 03-03-2011 10:34 PM