I'm having a weird issue:
I bought a WD MyBookLive NAS ( My Book Live
) about 5 Months ago.
I share a lot of files on it with other members of my family who live in the same house.
Everything worked perfectly fine for about 4 Months, but now, problems have been coming up:
I can access the NAS from my MacBook Pro (MacOSX 10.7 Lion) and from my WD TV live ( WD TV Live
) at any time.
Suddenly, from one day to the other, Windows 7 Users were no longer able to see the NAS in their network. I never (knowingly) changed anything at all, it just happened.
Here's what I tried after this:
- pinged the NAS from a Windows 7 Computer. No problem, I get a good and fast ping.
- checked if all devices are in the same work group. they are, in "WORKGROUP"
- Reset the NAS's network configuration
- Updated the NAS's firmware
- gave a static IP to the NAS (192.168.1.201) and made a reservation for that IP on my router.
- Disabled the Windows Firewall
So far, nothing did help. I'm still able to see the NAS from my MacBook Pro, but not from any Windows 7 machine.
Thanks in advance for any help, I'm stuck here...