Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Cannot connect to wifi with Atheros AR 9285, Win 7

This is a discussion on Cannot connect to wifi with Atheros AR 9285, Win 7 within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Whatif, I can tell by the signal of Blizoo that you are never going to get internet access through it.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #21
- Microsoft Support
- Networking

Whatif, I can tell by the signal of Blizoo that you are never going to get internet access through it. You'd have to judge how close you are to the router for that hotspot. If you aren't far away (or another computer can get a good signal at the same distance), I'd suspect your wireless card or the antennas as the cause. It's possible the antenna's are disconnected from the wireless NIC on the laptop. But since it's new, I'd just return it.

Fred Garvin is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell D630 laptop with WIN XP unable to connect to the internet
I reinstalled WIN XP on a Dell D630 laptop. Here are my problems: 1. Can not connect to the internet because I do not have the correct ethernet controller driver. What driver do I need? 2. I believe I do not have the correct video driver because the display looks like it is in safe mode but...
rentonhighlands Windows XP Support 10 09-12-2011 01:49 PM
Wii wifi, unable to connect Call Of Duty
I have a Wii and i try to play call of duty in multiplayer and each time i press A, it said Unable to connect to call of duty world at war server or said please check the internet setting and i did the connection test already.My connection is wireless and is it conecting to Wifi problem or what?...
alsoit1235 Console Gaming Support 1 03-30-2011 04:51 AM
can't connect to web wireless win xp pro
here is my log. i installed a fresh xp pro got all updates and drivers as far as i know and all settings are correct. i'm currently sharing a connection with a laptop via local area connect but i still can't get on wifi on this computer.service tag is cmbq721 dell optiplex please help thanks ...
slaydoc Windows XP Support 5 03-20-2011 08:50 PM
[SOLVED] Linux Mint Wifi Can't Connect to wpa2 level security
Hi, I recently bought a Netgear wireless USB adapter and have installed it properly on my Linux Mint 10 distro. However, although I can connect to networks without security, I cannot connect to networks with wpa2 security. I do not want to downgrade to wpa because the router tells me it will...
Clavin12 Linux Support 6 01-22-2011 12:22 PM
WiFi issues with Win 7
Hi there, i neeed help before i go nuts and start shooting up computers with the howitzer i have in the shed. i have been trying to get a consistent connection on win 7 32 and 64 bit without success. every time i restart i have to reset the wifi password and eventually it has told me the...
Grumbly Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 15 01-05-2011 11:09 AM