Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

cannot connect to the internet error 12007

This is a discussion on cannot connect to the internet error 12007 within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi all, i had to reinstall an old(jan2011)backup of my daughters system and i,m now unable to access the internet,ran

Old 03-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
Registered Member

hi all,
i had to reinstall an old(jan2011)backup of my daughters system and i,m now unable to access the internet,ran the diagnostic tool and getting this error 12007;
log attached;
Last diagnostic run time: 03/22/12 20:52:31 WinSock Diagnostic
WinSock status

error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog. A reset is needed.
action Automated repair: Reset WinSock catalog
action Successfully executed: netsh winsock reset catalog
info System restart required

Network Adapter Diagnostic
Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
Network adapter identification

info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection 2, Device=Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
info Network connection: Name=Wireless Network Connection 6, Device=Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=WIRELESS
info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
info Network connection: Name=PLEXUS VPN, Device=WAN Miniport (L2TP), MediaType=TUNNEL, SubMediaType=NONE
info Network connection: Name=1591293823.3G, Device=SENS LT56ADW Modem, MediaType=PHONE, SubMediaType=NONE
info Network connection: Name=O2 Mobile Connect, Device=SENS LT56ADW Modem, MediaType=PHONE, SubMediaType=NONE
info Network connection: Name=1.3G, Device=SENS LT56ADW Modem, MediaType=PHONE, SubMediaType=NONE
info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available, prompting user for selection
action User input required: Select network connection
info Wireless connection selected
Network adapter status

info Network connection status: Connected

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to Microsoft Corporation: Software, Smartphones, Online, Games, Cloud Computing, IT Business Technology, Downloads The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to Microsoft Corporation: Software, Smartphones, Online, Games, Cloud Computing, IT Business Technology, Downloads The server name or address could not be resolved
warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to Sign In The server name or address could not be resolved
warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
error Could not make an HTTP connection.
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
error Could not make an FTP connection.
ipconfig log;

Windows IP Configuration

An internal error occurred: The request is not supported.

Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.

Additional information: Unable to query host name.

ISP Provider; upc
Modem/router ;Cisco epc2425
Firewall;Zone Alarm
Malwarebytes
Could not complete xirrus wi-fi inspector report because it encountered an error each time and had to close.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support
- Networking

Is restoring the computer from an old backup the result of a virus problem? If Zone Alarm is installed, temporarily disable it or uninstall it and see if you can connect. Use a wired network connection if you're currently trying via wireless.

Fred Garvin is offline   Reply With Quote