Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can only connect to google, and other Ipv6 websites, TPLInk smart switch

SOLVED 
4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Dimitri_4 
#1 ·
I had a real tough time finding this problem that is why I want to share it.
Problem: I could only access IPV6 protocol websites: google, youtube, facebook,...
Wifi: no problems full access.
Wired: 2 pc's 1 windows 7, 1 windows 8/10 same problem. One pc was able to access all of the internet, the other only google-based websites (IPV6 - protocol).
I tried EVERYTHING I could find on the web: It was no DNS problem,no firewall problem, no malware, no virus,... Nothing helped, I tried all of it. The problem was solved when I did a reset on the wireless cable modem. But returned after 1 restart of my pc's

I ended up calling my internet provider, they found nothing but a tech guy came by as a courtesy anyway. We changed the modem: no use, still the same problem.

In the end we disconnected everything and hooked it all up one by one. Then we found it: the switch. This was a Tplink smart switch 8 ports. When we hooked that one up with nothing else but that switch, the problem was right back. So you hear it well: just that switch. Without it no problems at all.

Final solution and reason: Default IP of TP link smart switch (8ports, but all of them I think) is 192.168.0.1 this is the same for the DHCP cable router and that is why it is causing problems.
The next problem was to reconfigure the switch because I could not connect to it directly hooked to my router. I then connected it to a cable in the network, disabled all firewalls (also necessary step) and then changed the IP to 192.168.0.66, disabled DHCP and saved it.

Now everything works fine, but it has taken long evenings to find it...
Base problem was that I hadn't been paying attention to the 'smart' in the description of the switch and found out the hard way.

Because I couldn't find this solution anywhere on the web, I decided to share it.

Greetings

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.