Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Cain and Abel efficency, NetTools problem?

This is a discussion on Cain and Abel efficency, NetTools problem? within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Alright. I would like to start by saying the only intention I have in using these programs is to play

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Alright. I would like to start by saying the only intention I have in using these programs is to play with my friends. All in good fun.

Also, if this isn't the correct forum for this post, I'm sorry. Maybe a moderator could move it. It could, I guess, go under console gaming, but I thought I might get some more intelligent responces here.

While in xbox live parties, Cain and Abel gives a list of connections in the party. The IP address it gives, however, is not the one listed in the Network Settings on an Xbox 360 console. Why is this? Also, when trying to remove one, you must click remove anywhere from ten to a hundred+ times, as the connection simply reconnects and reconnects.

Is there a way (or perhaps another program) to remove these connections more easily or faster? (Assuming you are not the Xbox Live party leader)

Second question,

When trying to flood an IP using the Packet Generator or UPD Flooder applications in Net Tools 5, what I have tried doing so far is typing in the IP address given in the Network Settings on your Xbox 360 Dashboard, and the one given in Cain and Abel, (both IP's represent the same Xbox console) and neither was affective in causing the targeted connection to be terminated or even laggy. Am I doing something wrong?

I've been searching for answers for days. Someone please help me.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
Moderator hardware team

My System

Quote:
Is there a way (or perhaps another program) to remove these connections more easily or faster?
"Assuming you are not the Xbox Live party leader" . . . you do not have the right to boot other players.

Quote:
Am I doing something wrong?
It seems like you are certainly trying to.

Quote:
I've been searching for answers for days. Someone please help me.
Have you asked your friends? I'm sure since this is "all in good fun" they will not mind teaching you how to ruin their own gaming experience. However, if you ask them about any of this, I wager you will be the one being booted.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
Moderator Offline

This goes against the principles of what this forum is about, that being to help fix things, not cause problems for others.

This post is closed.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Closed Thread