Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Asus Laptop: Wireless Connection wont work.

This is a discussion on Asus Laptop: Wireless Connection wont work. within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Dear Tech Support.. have a problem with my wireless Connection.. For some reason i cant turn on my Wireless for

Old 12-22-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Dear Tech Support..

have a problem with my wireless Connection.. For some reason i cant turn on my Wireless for about 3 weeks ago it worked fine senice then. now it wont do anything. I been trying pressing FN+F2 many times but it wont light with the Wireless console 3. its all grey to me. i have re formatted the computer that didt work neither. ive called asus support there say i need to sendt it in but i dont have any warranty on the laptop. so i hope there any other ways and hope any of you had the same problem. and i hope you guys can help. :) ive been trying to to reinstalling console 3 app.

thanks for the help.

regard

Nazz

Old 12-22-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team

Welcome NazzN02.

Could you please either state the model number of your laptop (mentioning any hardware changes you've made) or list the hardware specs of your system.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:00 AM   #3
Registered Member

My ASUS G51J 3D Laptop.
Model Number: A3N0AS240974113

Spec:
ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7 720QM ProcessorOperating System

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit
This version contains all product updates (SP1)
ChipsetIntel® PM55 Express ChipsetMemoryDDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 4 G SDRAM Display15.6" 16:9 HD 3D (1366x768 120Hz) LED Backlight GraphicNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260M with 1GB DDR3 VRAM Storage2.5" SATA

320GB 5400rpm/7200rpm
Dual HDD SupportOptical DriveBlu-Ray DVD Combo
Super-Multi DVDCard Reader8 -in-1 card reader ( SDXC/ MS/ MS Pro/ MS Duo/ MMC)Camera2.0 Mega Pixel web camera NetworkingIntegrated 802.11 b/g/n
Built-in Bluetooth™ V2.1+EDR (Optional)
10/100/1000 Base TInterface1 x Microphone-in jack
2 x Headphone-out jack (1 x SPDIF)
4 x USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x IEEE 1394 port
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1 x HDMI
1 x E-SATA (USB2.0 Combo) PortsAudio
EAX Advanced HD 4.0
Altec Lansing® Speakers
Creative Audigy HDBattery6Cells : 4800 mAh
9Cells : 7200 mAhPower AdapterOutput :
19 V DC, 4.74 A, 120 W
Input :
100 -240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universalDimensions37.5 x 26.5 x 3.43 ~4.06 cm (WxDxH) Weight3.30 kg (with 6 cell battery)
SecurityKensington lock
BIOS Booting User Password Protection
HDD User Password Protection and SecurityManufacturer Warranty2-year limited International hardware warranty. *different by country
On-line problem resolution through web interface (BIOS, Driver update)
OS (Windows 7 ) install/uninstall consultation
Bundled software install/uninstall consultation
ASUS software supporting
Old 12-22-2011, 02:01 AM   #4
Registered Member

and i Reformatted the whole computer still nothing works
Old 12-22-2011, 02:49 AM   #5
Windows Tech Team

Thank you.

Have you tried downloading the wireless drivers for your laptop? Use the online Asus tool ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download G51J

(^ hopefully to get wireless to work)
(v hopefully to get hot keys to work)

While you're there, download the "Keyboard Device Filter Utility" from the "other" section (it's just below the wireless drivers), and the ATK Hotkey Utility driver.

See if that helps.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
Moderator - Networking

OS: W8 Prox64,Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit SP1, Mac OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, IOS 6

My System

Is the wireless adapter visible in device manager ?