Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

acer laptop will not connect to internet

This is a discussion on acer laptop will not connect to internet within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an ACER Aspire 57422-4459 with windows 7. I had a virus on my laptop not to long ago

Old 10-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have an ACER Aspire 57422-4459 with windows 7. I had a virus on my laptop not to long ago but after having it removed I have not been able to log into a wireless network. It says that there is something wrong with the modem BUT My stepmother has the exact same computer and hers works perfectly (I'm actually on hers right now) also my phone and playstation 3 will get online with no problem.

Can anyone help me with this? I have no idea what's wrong and am very frustrated.

~AkalaD

Old 10-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
Moderator - Networking

OS: W8 Prox64,Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit SP1, Mac OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, IOS 6

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF,

1. Please update your wireless card drivers by downloading them from acers support pages>driver downloads select correct os windows 7 from drop down menu and it will display the latest drivers look for Wlan or Wireless Lan driver or similar transfer to a usb stick or burn to a cd and transfer to probmatic acer and install.

2. Please Verify that all your Network Services are Started.
Click on Start, type services.msc then press enter.

• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• Wireless Zero Configuration ( XP wireless configurations only)
• WLAN AutoConfig ( Vista wireless configurations only)
• Workstation

After virus removal some programs, services or drivers can be left corrupted.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
- Microsoft Support
- Networking

What specifically is the error message that your getting?

Fred Garvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Moderator - Networking

OS: W8 Prox64,Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit SP1, Mac OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, IOS 6

My System

Please post an update.