Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

Windows Explorer stops working on start up

This is a discussion on Windows Explorer stops working on start up within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. On startup, I get an intermittent error message that says "Windows Explorer has stopped working" and I have two options,

Old 11-22-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
Registered Member

On startup, I get an intermittent error message that says "Windows Explorer has stopped working" and I have two options, close it or restart it. I restart it and everything seems ok, computer runs with a slight stutter, and also having sound issues, but I think a driver reinstall fixed those. Looked at the reliability history, and the windows explorer related error brings up this information :

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567
Application Timestamp: 4d672ee4
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18229
Fault Module Timestamp: 51fb1677
Exception Code: c06d007e
Exception Offset: 000000000000940d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 3ebf
Additional Information 2: 3ebf10d80ec1de440784d5b52559e3c5
Additional Information 3: 810e
Additional Information 4: 810e0c25d154e0bbcd83ed836ab63cfc

Any help would be great, thanks in advance

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad Image Errors
I'm trying to get rid of some bad image errors and rundll errors during start-up on my windows xp computer. I ran the HiJackThis program and here is the log. I don't know which ones to delete. Please help. How do I avoid this in the future? Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4 Scan...
Generalpork12 Resolved HJT Threads 15 02-16-2012 03:52 PM
Internet Explorer & Dr.Watson has encountered...
Hello, I can't open most of my folders without my computer freezing up and my computer telling me that "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" and "Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close". Now, I've been using Google...
JCVerkler Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 3 11-18-2011 12:27 PM
Windows XP Fix
I have got this intruder on my computer. I cannot access the internet or anything else. I was going to do a system restore, but I cannot get to it. I do have another computer with Vista, but I need the XP computer for work. Please help!
mishamisha Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 26 07-14-2011 06:36 PM
Aggravating Google Redirect Virus on Wife's Computer
my wife's laptop suddenly is getting the redirect on google searches. i know this is one of your common problems to fix. i had the same problem on my computer about a year ago and your help was the only way i got rid of it on my computer. this computer runs updated version of webroot securities....
scott1nc Inactive Malware Help Topics 36 04-20-2011 04:27 AM