I have a build that is causing a lot of problems and would like any advice you can share. I will list complete build details at end of post.
On the first hard drive windows took a while to install, several restarts in middle of process but it eventually went on. After few weeks windows would restart intermittently until eventually it would not boot at all. Last known good config, Windows restore, repair install would not resolve. I ran manufacturer HD diagnostic and it failed so I replaced hard drive.
On new HDD I ran manufacturer diagnostic and it shows good. On 2 Windows installs it installs most of the way but on the final step where it first boots to windows and finalizes the configuration it BSOD's and restarts. I can not find the setting in the bios to stop auto restart on BSOD, I'll call mobo manufacturer
Here are my windows install steps
- Test Hard disk, tests good
- Boot to win 7 install cd, windows loads files and starts install process
- Install screen select English language
- Accept license
- Select custom, advanced option for new install
- select drive, create partition (1 full drive partition)
- select format
- Install process copy > expand > features > complete all go 100%
- reboot > "loading operating system" > "Starting windows" > windows screen "updating registry" > "setup is starting devices" > "completing install" > "setup will continue after restart"
- Computer restarts
- Bypass CD boot
- "Starting Windows"
- Hard disk makes a noise
- Restart - BSOD flashes too fast to see error
- repeat endless loop
- Windows 64 business
- Original bad hard disk WD6401AALS
- New hard disk Seagate Barracuda ST3250318AS
- Core i5-750
- Mobo Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
- Ram G.Skill 2X2GB DDR3-2200
- PSU Corsair 750TX
- Cooler master centurion
- 5 ATX mid tower