Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Various BSoD Errors After New Build

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Gigamic 
#1 ·
I recently built a new rig for a combination of rendering, video editing, and some gaming. Over the past five days I've had 6 BSoD errors at seemingly random times.

The first error occurred while I was running a game and checking my CPU temperature with a third party app. It read SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The second two errors occurred right after I booted from the first error (one after the other). I would type in my pin to be greeted by:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

I've also run into PFN_LIST_CORRUPT while watching a video.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while my computer was in sleep mode.

And CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while running the first time setup for a game.

The files that seem to be repeatedly related to these crashes are hal.dll and especially ntoskrnl.exe (although the first crash also referenced ACPI.sys).

I am running windows 10 with the following specs.
i7-6700k
GeForce GTX 980Ti
16 GB of HyperX Fury DDR4 2666
MSI Krait Gaming Motherboard

The processor is water cooled and there is a decent amount of airflow through the case (plus every time I've checked temperatures they've been below 30c), so I don't think this is an overheating issue.

Things I've tried so far:

sfc/ scannow did not return any errors (I did not do this with an install disc, however, so I don't know if that would change anything).

I did a memory test with Windows Memory Diagnostic (standard test) and it did not return any errors.
Addendum to this: when I tried to run the extended test the program seemed to freeze at 21%.

I also tried memtest. After about 6 hours and 3 passes I still did not receive any errors.

I've taken out and reinstalled the memory sticks (making sure they were connected properly).

Things I know:

From my research I've deduced that this could be a hardware problem (most likely a problem with the ram). However, I want to make sure that's the issue before I go out buying new parts (and returning these).

I've also heard that some of these errors can be caused by a short in a keyboard (which mine might have as it sometimes behaves weirdly) or other peripheral.

There have been very few issues with this computer so far. This was my first time building a PC from scratch, but the only issue I ran into was the motherboard not posting a few times. This was resolved by me wiggling the on board lithium battery and just rebooting it a few times.

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.